Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chesstalk Conclusions

Originally posted by Zeljko Kitich View Post
    #16 some chess players really like Miley Cyrus, might even have a crush on her
    if you are implying that i have a celebrity crush on smiley cyrus you are 10/10 on the mistaken scale, sir! i simply admire her as an individual. i mean cmon, she hopped off the plane at LAX with little if anything more than a dream and a cardigan. that takes hella courage!

mary elizabeth winstead, on the other hand, i find most *sigh*_+*`-inducing

well just look at that girl with the lights comin' up in her eyes \:
    everytime it hurts, it hurts just like the first (and then you cry till there's no more tears)

Comment

Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Debates about chess decisions

Originally posted by fred harvey View Post
      Well, as a neutral observer on here, I wouldn't touch anything you have anything to do with!
      Keep it that way, "neutral observer"...;)

Comment

Re: Re : Re: Debates about chess decisions

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
        Chess is a competitive sport. I'd say companies who sponsor sports events know a certain amount of trash talk goes on.

Which do you think would carry more weight. Me emailing the investor relations of one of the sponsors of the CO and saying somethings like: I hold X shares of the company (which I happen to do) and think your sponsoring the event was great for public relations. Lots of youngsters in the game and potential customers. Keep up the good work.

OR:

Some trash talk on the internet.
        X shares? not likely to impress anybody really in a widely held company but I applaud your efforts, now if you could get some sponsorship from Canada Post, where you are considered a g'd :)

I'm sure the trash talk helps, makes it a more attractive prospect for sponsorship
        Last edited by Zeljko Kitich; Sunday, 25th July, 2010, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Re: Chesstalk Conclusions

Originally posted by ben daswani View Post
          if you are implying that i have a celebrity crush on smiley cyrus you are 10/10 on the mistaken scale, sir! i simply admire her as an individual. i mean cmon, she hopped off the plane at LAX with little if anything more than a dream and a cardigan. that takes hella courage!

mary elizabeth winstead, on the other hand, i find most *sigh*_+*`-inducing

well just look at that girl with the lights comin' up in her eyes \:
          my apologies, I admire her as a person too

Comment

X shares? not likely to impress anybody really in a widely held company but I applaud your efforts, now if you could get some sponsorship from Canada Post, where you are considered a g'd :)
            The X is because I don't want to mention the number. Companies do reply to investor mail. One large company I held for several years and emailed a few times regarding the financial statements was replied to by the CFO. I sell the shares of companies which don't reply to my emails.

Canada Post is a crown corporation, as far as I know. Air Canada is not and trades on the stock exchange.

In any case, I didn't email the sponsor. I simply asked which scenario would carry more weight. Here on Chess Talk, as the name implies, we don't actually do things. We talk about doing them.
            Gary Ruben
            CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
              The X is because I don't want to mention the number. Companies do reply to investor mail. One large company I held for several years and emailed a few times regarding the financial statements was replied to by the CFO. I sell the shares of companies which don't reply to my emails.

Canada Post is a crown corporation, as far as I know. Air Canada is not and trades on the stock exchange.

In any case, I didn't email the sponsor. I simply asked which scenario would carry more weight. Here on Chess Talk, as the name implies, we don't actually do things. We talk about doing them.
              I simply thought with all the business you generate for Canada Post that you are a gold level customer.

Of course you are right about companies responding to shareholders.

Comment

I simply thought with all the business you generate for Canada Post that you are a gold level customer.
                It's not by mail these days. I've been using email and now server for at least the last 10 years.

I used to use a lot of mail when I was administering the CCCA. Canada Post didn't treat me as well as you think. I used to mail a little more than 700 of our magazines 6 times a year. They wanted me to sort them by postal code before I mailed them. I was sent, unsolicited by me, a big thick binder with instructions on how to sort the mail. It was a really nice 3 hole binder so I took out the pages they sent and used the binder for other purposes.

As for the mail, I started putting the bulletins in 3 different mail boxes instead of dropping them off at the sorting center. We were paying first class mail with no volume discount and they wanted me to sort the mail. Preposterous!
                Gary Ruben
                CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Working...
                X