Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richmond (Every) Friday Chess Gathering

Richmond Friday Chess Gathering

When: Every Friday starts at 7pm (until you want to leave, usually last till 12am)
    Where: McDonald's Restaurant at 7120 No 3 Road, Richmond (near Southeast corner of No. 3 Road & Granville Ave), Map
    Transportation: Free parking on site, or 7 mins walk from the Richmond Brighouse Canada Line Station
    Type: Casual - pick your time control and opponent
    Misc: Free. Everyone Welcome. No Equipment provided, bring your chess set & clock

The McDonald's is spacious and newly renovated, we occupy a semi-private sunken section that accomodates about 10 boards. The gathering has been going on for three weeks. Every week we had 10+ players, almost all players are over 1600, a few over 2000. Lots of fun, come join us and play.

In case you don't know, this is Canada's first McDonald's. Quote from McDonald's:

The first McDonald's restaurant in Canada opened on June 1, 1967 in Richmond, British Columbia. This was also the first McDonald's restaurant in the world to be built outside of the United States.

Re: Richmond (Every) Friday Chess Gathering

Hi Mr. Lo.

I almost went last Friday but it was so far away that I played chess half way over.

I was heading towards Richmond though so maybe this Friday I`ll make it all the way to Richmond.

Comment

Working...
    X