Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 Montreal International

Posted on CFC Chess Forum:

It's 5:40 pm, Friday, and I went to the official site and under " live games " it is still showing yesterday's Rd. 5 games. The rounds start at 5:00 pm.

Does anyone know what's happening with Rd. 6? Is today a " rest day " or something?

Bob

CFC Chess Forum http://www.chesscanada.info/forum/

Re: 2008 Montreal International

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
    Posted on CFC Chess Forum:

It's 5:40 pm, Friday, and I went to the official site and under " live games " it is still showing yesterday's Rd. 5 games. The rounds start at 5:00 pm.

Does anyone know what's happening with Rd. 6? Is today a " rest day " or something?

Bob

CFC Chess Forum http://www.chesscanada.info/forum/
    Bob,

If you look under "Pairings" on the fqechecs site you will see that today is indeed a break day.

John

Comment

Re: 2008 Montreal International - Thx ( nt )

Hi John:

Thx.

Bob

( have to write something because of the min. character rule ! )

Comment

I followed both the Empresa and the Canadian Open on the internet and came away with the impression that Monroi was more technically reliable than DGT from the spectators viewpoint.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence Day View Post
          I followed both the Empresa and the Canadian Open on the internet and came away with the impression that Monroi was more technically reliable than DGT from the spectators viewpoint.
          I was intimately involved with two US Championships in Seattle. They used traditional wired sensory boards. Both times a computer/board expert was flown in from the Low Countries, and great care was taken with the setup. All wires were carefully taped to the floor and covered. The whole setup was laborious. There were a couple of glitches, but in general, the setup ran smoothly, and with 28 spectatable boards.

Monroi also requires an operator..., but no wires to the boards!

One inflexibility with Monroi in 2007 was that it was impossible to delay transmission except using the crudest of methods: by disconnecting the central computer from the internet.

Monroi events are very blog-happy. But I couldn't find a single word of commentary at any site officially associated with this year's TIM.

Comment

Working...
          X