Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Official: Bobby Fischer is not the father of Jinky Young

DNA test results prove: Fischer was not the father of Jinky Young
    17.08.2010 – This morning informed sources in Iceland told us that the results of the DNA tests that were conducted after the extraction of tissue samples from Bobby Fischer's grave have revealed that the paternity claim of Marylin Young is without basis. "It is completely ruled out" that Jinky Young can be the biological daughter of the former World Champion. Now the story is out in many leading news sources.

http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=6615

Re: It's Official: Bobby Fischer is not the father of Jinky Young

Maybe it's just me, but I have absolutely no interest in anything Bobby Fischer did after 1972. His story was certainly compelling, and the backdrop of the Cold War added to its mystique. However, after that he more or less disappeared from chess, save for a mediocre rematch against Boris Spassky when both of them were well out of their prime.

Beyond his chess, I find him either uninteresting or downright offensive. Chess in America needs a new posterboy.

Comment

Originally posted by Nic Haynes View Post
      Maybe it's just me, but I have absolutely no interest in anything Bobby Fischer did after 1972.
      Fischer time delay (increment) & Fischer random chess (chess960) as I know were "invented" after 1972 :D

Comment

Originally posted by Nic Haynes View Post
        Maybe it's just me, but I have absolutely no interest in anything Bobby Fischer did after 1972. His story was certainly compelling, and the backdrop of the Cold War added to its mystique. However, after that he more or less disappeared from chess, save for a mediocre rematch against Boris Spassky when both of them were well out of their prime.

Beyond his chess, I find him either uninteresting or downright offensive. Chess in America needs a new posterboy.
        of course with the available poster boys no one in the general pulic who sees the posters (or rather doesn't see it) wants to bother with chess

but chess is fine as an obscure activity somewhere between tiddlywinks and competetive navel lint cleaning

just don't compare it to the rock paper, scissors championship they held in bars in Toronto, now that got some serious publicity in comparison, maybe they would let us borrow their poster boy?

Comment

Working...
        X