The Chess'n Math Association 25th Anniversary Bash!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Chess'n Math Association 25th Anniversary Bash!

WOW!

A full house!

There was so much history and emotion in that room today! It is impossible to describe...way too many awesome people who have contributed so much to our development over the last 25 years!

Thank you...you have made it all worthwhile!

Larry

Re: The Chess'n Math Association 25th Anniversary Bash!

Originally posted by Larry Bevand View Post
    WOW!

A full house!

There was so much history and emotion in that room today! It is impossible to describe...way too many awesome people who have contributed so much to our development over the last 25 years!

Thank you...you have made it all worthwhile!

Larry
    Congratulations Larry! A while back, you solicited donations of $25 from customers. Are you able to give any feedback on how that went?

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Sullivan View Post
      Congratulations Larry! A while back, you solicited donations of $25 from customers. Are you able to give any feedback on how that went?

Hi Neil,

You have been an awesome supporter of Chess'n Math over the years. We received your generous donation and we truly appreciate it.

I have been speaking with the Charbonneau family and we want to do some awesome things...in memory of a great fellow and my mentor...Yves Charbonneau...my intention is to earmark your donation as well as those of others to our project...everything is coming together (we expect a January 2011 launch...after we take care of the legalease) and I will certainly keep you posted.

At the present time we have over $15,000 committed to this endeavour!

Larry

Comment

It was a great honour to be a part of this celebration. Congratulations to Larry for putting on the event, and for 25 great years for Canadian chess!

Comment

Originally posted by Brad Thomson View Post
          It was a great honour to be a part of this celebration. Congratulations to Larry for putting on the event, and for 25 great years for Canadian chess!
          I am taking the afternoon off to catch up on stuff before going to Turkey in a couple of days :)

I am very proud of what we have accomplished at the Chess'n Math Association (CMA) over the last 25 years. We have had many incredible youngsters, teachers and contributors who today are on to bigger and better things...and there are others, like me, who have continued the journey within our organization.

I had a very special guest (special to me) at our 25th Anniversary bash...Jim Spraggett...we had some incredible times growing up ...I always admired him...he put himself through University at McGill...lived on Carre St-Louis...a stone throw away from where CMA is located today...he is incredibly successful today.

It touched me deeply that he (and his family) would take time out from their schedule to come to our bash...the next day we met for lunch...and when I come back from vacation I will get together with him again in Toronto...good friends are worth keeping for life :)

Here are a couple of the comments he has posted:

On the Chess'n Math Site:

http://members4.boardhost.com/chess-...283735387.html

Posted by Jim Spraggett on September 5, 2010, 9:09 pm, in reply to "The Chess'n Math Association 25th Anniversary Bash!"

Larry, while pursuing your dream, you have given purpose and meaning to so many others;e.g., teachers, students, parents...

All the best as you build upon your success and head towards your Golden Anniversary. (Man, we are going to be real old next time we meet.)

Jim

And on the Spraggett site: www.spraggett.com :

25th Anniversary of Larry Bevand's Echecs et Maths

Michelle, Michael, Jonathan and I attended Larry's luncheon celebration on Sunday in Montreal.

It was a terrific hit with well over 100 guests.

Pascal Charbonneau, a great Canadian Chess Champion, was there along with many other folk from Ontario and Quebec paying tribute to Larry and his Echecs et Math for the wonderful contribution that they have made to Canada's youth and the Canadian chess scene.

I also gave a short speech recounting Larry's early days, his friendship with the Spraggett family, some jokes re the motorcycle trip that Larry and I made to Myrtle Beach in the 80's and I also praised the good work that he and his association have done.

Jim

Comment

Working...
          X