Hamilton Summer Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hamilton Summer Open

Does the photo indicate that the winner of this tournament is WIM Yuanling? If it is, congratulations Yuanling.....Many more to come....

Congratulations also to Ferdie Supsup, and all the winners. pre, sa open ka ba naglaro?

Mikhail, who are the winners? Can you post it?
    Last edited by Erwin Casareno; Monday, 23rd August, 2010, 11:01 PM.

Comment

Hi John,

Yes these are the winners. I will post tournament summary with all the games from Open section this week. We have taken copies of all the games with carbon copies, it just takes a while to enter them. Garvin will post the standings sometime this week.

Mikhail

Comment

Hello everyone,

Past weekend Hamilton kicked off SWOCL 2010-2011 season with a BANG!!!
        As you can see from the photos, the even was very competitive! Round #1 started with an upset, where Stephen Ye (1560) junior beat expert Keith Wight (2006). He made it look so easy in this game, it gave me the impression that he is underrated. Very promising junior Razvan Preotu, who is current grade 5 Ontario Champion played a very tough field of players: 4 experts and A class player (Jesse B Wang 2105 (loss), Adam Cormier 1959 (won), Vladimir Drkulec 2134 (loss), Nikola Brajkovic 2100 (draw) and Gordon Olheiser (2091 draw). :D

Last round game created a lot of excitement, where our top female player
        WIM Yuanling Yuan 2362 (white) with 3.5 faced one of our top rated players
        IM Artiom Samsonkin 2606 (black). The game was very competitive and intense. After 3 1/2 ours of play, managed to outplay Artiom in very complicated endgame position and time pressure as well. I would like to remind everyone, that Artiom up to this point was undefeated in Hamilton for a while.

Here was a position 3 moves before black got mated:
        White: WIM Yuanling Yuan 2362
        Black: IM Artiom Samsonkin 2606

with black to play:
        1 ... Rd8 2. Bg5 Rg8 3. Ne4! Ne3?? with very impressive finish for first place: 4. Nd2# mate :D 1-0 WHAT A FINISH!!!

WIM Yuanling Yuan 2362 did get little lucky to against Mavros Whissell 2143, who is improving very quickly and I am sure soon will be our new Canadian master. Mavros Whissell outplayed Yuanling Yuan on a white side of the Dragondorf, and for his efforts he was rewarded 2 clear pawns in the K+R+B vs. K+R+N endgame, but Yuanling Yuan managed to hold a draw. I think Mavros Whissell relaxed a little bit and that gave Yuanling Yuan to save the game. Mavros Whissell offered a draw in K+2pawns vs. K+2pawns. All games will be posted in chessbase format for your download and CanBase II.

I would like to wish good luck to WIM Yuanling Yuan , IM Artiom Samsonkin
        and our teams in 2010 Olympiad next month in Russia!!!

I also would like to thanks Garvin Nunes, our new CFC president Robert Gillanders Gordon Gooding for making this a very enjoyable and competitive event. Keep it up buys!

Upcoming Hamilton tournaments:

Hamilton City Club Championship 2010 will be big this year. A lot of out of town players confirmed to play this year. Next weekend swiss tournament is planned for February 2011.

Mikhail Egorov

Comment

Working...
        X