Congratulations WIM Yuanling Yuan!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations WIM Yuanling Yuan!!

WIM Yuanling Yuan won the Hamilton Summer Open 2010 in powerhouse fashion with an upset over one of Canada's best players... I don't want to give away too much as no doubt Mikhail will have a thread to follow up on this event, but it was an incredible last round win that sealed her first place finish! Congratulations Yuanling for some terrific games and the victory in Hamilton!

Re: Congratulations WIM Yuanling Yuan!!

I would note as well, that Yuanling won the very strong 2009-10 Scarborough CC Club Championship ( a 10-player Round Robin ) earlier in the year, which had 7 masters and 3 experts.

And she is playing first board for the Women's Olympiad Team ( in Russia from Sept. 19 - Oct. 4 ).

Her ratings are: CFC - 2362 ( top-rated female Canadian ); 2189 ( top-rated female playing for Canada; Valeria Gansvind, of BC, who plays for Estonia, has a higher FIDE rating - 2218 )

This 16-year old junior girl highschool student is on a roll !

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
      I would note as well, that Yuanling won the very strong 2009-10 Scarborough CC Club Championship ( a 10-player Round Robin ) earlier in the year, which had 7 masters and 3 experts.

And she is playing first board for the Women's Olympiad Team ( in Russia from Sept. 19 - Oct. 4 ).

Her ratings are: CFC - 2362 ( top-rated female Canadian ); 2189 ( top-rated female playing for Canada; Valeria Gansvind, of BC, who plays for Estonia, has a higher FIDE rating - 2218 )

This 16-year old junior girl highschool student is on a roll !

Bob
      What an excellent result!

I believe that I speak for many when I say that Yuanling is a great role model for young Canadian chess players ... the Chess In The Library program is an excellent idea. :)

I hope that Yuanling will have a most educational and enjoyable experience representing Canada at the Olympiad.

Comment

The reigning champion of the Scarborough Chess Club has conquered Hamilton, this time. It seems to me that her powers has grown over the period of 3-4 months. This speaks well for the Canadain Womens Team for the 2010 Olympiad. Good training !!!
        And a very tough opponent for the SCC Championships in March 2011.

We are happy for her accomplishements. It is just a question of time before she gets the WGM and beyond.

Comment

Originally posted by Erwin Casareno View Post
          The reigning champion of the Scarborough Chess Club has conquered Hamilton, this time. It seems to me that her powers has grown over the period of 3-4 months. This speaks well for the Canadain Womens Team for the 2010 Olympiad. Good training !!!
          And a very tough opponent for the SCC Championships in March 2011.

We are happy for her accomplishements. It is just a question of time before she gets the WGM and beyond.
          Hi Erwin,

Thanks for chess friends and your nice words in the chesstalk. Our family appreciate the whole Canadian chess community to support Yuanling's chess growing. As her coach, I thought her strength already reached WGM level, but her tough IB high school life doesn't give her much more time like the past years when she gets travel to play out of Canada. She need time to go to play norm tournaments and our family need seek the finical support to cover the travel cost.

Comment

Working...
          X