Battle at the Border - Final Standings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battle at the Border - Final Standings

The results are in. Pascal Charbonneau took clear first with an undefeated 5.5/6, giving up a draw to Jan Teplinsky in the final round. Pascal impressed with his win against Hikaru Nakamura in round 4. Congratulations Pascal! Inspite of his loss, Nakamura claimed 2nd prize, scoring 5/6. Yan Teplitsky and Jack Yoos were close behind at 4.5/6.

Final standings can be found here.

http://www.albertachess.org/2010BATB/standings.php

I would like to thank Jamin Gluckie and his crew for organizing such a great event. Talk about attention to detail. Jamin made everyone feel welcome. Special thanks to Jill Koshinsky for directing. I will be back next year. Good work people!

Check out the website over the next little while for more media.

http://www.albertachess.org/2010BATB/multimedia.php

See you in Lloydminster next year.

Re: Battle at the Border - Final Standings

Congratulations on what appears to have been another outstanding event by the Albertans.

Comment

As always the organizers Jamin Gluckie, Robert Sasata and TD Jill Koshinsky did a suberb job of organizing and making the event really enjoyable. I hope that this tournament will go on for years to come!
      For me personally the event will be really memorable as well, because even though I didn't get a chance to be pounded by Naka, I did get to play two IMs which is more than I ever played! I think I even gave IM Hansen somewhat of a scare!

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Ritchie View Post
        Congratulations on what appears to have been another outstanding event by the Albertans.
        A large part of the Battle's success is the combination of Alberta and Saskatchewan organizers. Even though I live on the Alberta side of Lloydminster I still consider myself from Saskatchewan, and Jill and Robert live in Saskatoon.

Thanks for your kind words. I hope everyone enjoyed the 2010 Battle.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamin Gluckie View Post
          A large part of the Battle's success is the combination of Alberta and Saskatchewan organizers. Even though I live on the Alberta side of Lloydminster I still consider myself from Saskatchewan, and Jill and Robert live in Saskatoon.

Thanks for your kind words. I hope everyone enjoyed the 2010 Battle.
          Jamin is right of course. This was a joint venture between the two provinces. In fact, most of the money came from other sources besides the ACA. Check out the sponsors page on the website to view the sponsors.

http://www.albertachess.org/2010BATB/sponsors.php

Comment

Working...
          X