Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New c3 Sicilian book-576pp by Sveshnikov

Just out on NIC book store

A massive book on the c3 Sicilian by Sveshnikov-576pp!
    http://www.newinchess.com/Shop/Default.aspx?&Page=1&

Michael Yip

Re: New c3 Sicilian book-576pp by Sveshnikov

Originally posted by Michael Yip View Post
    Just out on NIC book store

A massive book on the c3 Sicilian by Sveshnikov-576pp!
    http://www.newinchess.com/Shop/Default.aspx?&Page=1&

Michael Yip
    To each his own Michael. I could never wrap my mind around opening books like that.

There is another book from NIC that I am keen to see though.
    It's by John Healy, the author of The Grass Arena and Streets Above Us. I am expecting a very colorful read.

http://www.newinchess.com/Coffeehous...ics-p-943.html

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Sullivan View Post
      To each his own Michael. I could never wrap my mind around opening books like that.

There is another book from NIC that I am keen to see though.
      It's by John Healy, the author of The Grass Arena and Streets Above Us. I am expecting a very colorful read.

http://www.newinchess.com/Coffeehous...ics-p-943.html

Hi Guys,

You have both been great supporters of Chess'n Math and I truly appreciate that!

I know that publsishers in the chess world are trying to keep initial sales for themselves...which is a little frustrating...to say the least.

Obviously I understand that you would like these titles as quickly as possible...is there anything we can do?

Larry

BTW...the 25th anniversary edition of New in Chess Mag...I can not get wholesale :(

No wonder I have no hair left :)

Believe it or not...our books sales overall are up over last year...I don't understand anything :)

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Bevand View Post
        Hi Guys,

You have both been great supporters of Chess'n Math and I truly appreciate that!

I know that publsishers in the chess world are trying to keep initial sales for themselves...which is a little frustrating...to say the least.

Obviously I understand that you would like these titles as quickly as possible...is there anything we can do?

Larry

BTW...the 25th anniversary edition of New in Chess Mag...I can not get wholesale :(

No wonder I have no hair left :)

Believe it or not...our books sales overall are up over last year...I don't understand anything :)
        As a rule, I'm quite happy to wait until the books show up in your shop Larry. Ordering from Europe gets them here quicker, but is more expensive. I'll wait for the Healy book.

I got the NIC 25-year book elsewhere because they said it was only available from them. The thought of missing it kept me up at night. :)

But, if one of my jet-setting family is going to be in London, I always end up giving them a shopping list.

I don't expect you to get books faster then you do without having to charge more. But, if I had the power to change a couple of things they would be:

* The ability to place (and get!) special orders from suppliers you already deal with.

* Some kind of notice about which titles are coming in before they arrive. Once a month would be fine by me. If I know you're getting a title I want, then waiting is not an issue.

I think we are pretty lucky overall in Montreal with the CMA store. I picked up a couple of great used books 2 weeks ago when I was in last and often add a new title.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Bevand View Post
          I started playing in Toronto more often, what is there to understand? ;)

Comment

Working...
          X