looking for Ottawa host for strong Hungarian player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for Ottawa host for strong Hungarian player

I have been contacted by the mother of strong Hungarian player Gellert Papp, rated FIDE 2393. He is considering registering for the upcoming Ottawa Autumn Open, but there are still quite a few things to figure out. Would anyone happen to know this man or family, and would anyone in Ottawa be interested in hosting him, I guess for at least that weekend?

Thanks and regards, Aris.

Re: looking for Ottawa host for strong Hungarian player

Hey Aris:

If there are absolutely no other offers, I do have a very small spare room with a cot.

As you know, I live way out in Carp, so I don't know if that would be an issue for Gellert. However, I have no problem providing transportation for him whether he stays the weekend with me or not.

As an added bonus, I can still speak a bit of Hungarian, thanks to my first wife being from Budapeste.

I just know my accomodations are a bit sparse, so if anyone has a better offer, he should take it.

Billy C.
    PS - Also, I hope he won't mind rooming with a lowly 1386 rated player :D

Comment

Re: looking for Ottawa host for strong Hungarian player

Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
      I have been contacted by the mother of strong Hungarian player Gellert Papp, rated FIDE 2393. He is considering registering for the upcoming Ottawa Autumn Open, but there are still quite a few things to figure out. Would anyone happen to know this man or family, and would anyone in Ottawa be interested in hosting him, I guess for at least that weekend?

Thanks and regards, Aris.
      On a slightly different angle, would anyone happen to know Gellert Papp, and be willing to pay for him ahead of time for this tournament? I am not super confident that he is coming, so if 7pm rolls around next Friday, and he hasn't shown up yet, I would not pair him, and send you your money back. I'm just trying to save his mother some tasks! :)

Comment

Working...
      X