Dadian Chess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dadian Chess

I was reading Kevin Spraggett's blog this morning and noticed he had a link to Dan Scoones' blog. A very fine collection of articles indeed! It deserves to be better known, in my opinion:

http://dadianchess.blogspot.com/
    "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Re: Dadian Chess

Originally posted by Tom O'Donnell View Post
    I was reading Kevin Spraggett's blog this morning and noticed he had a link to Dan Scoones' blog. A very fine collection of articles indeed! It deserves to be better known, in my opinion:

http://dadianchess.blogspot.com/
    It's main flaw is that Dan doesn't write enough articles. I generally check once or twice a week and am delighted when he adds something new.

Ed

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Seedhouse View Post
      It's main flaw is that Dan doesn't write enough articles. I generally check once or twice a week and am delighted when he adds something new.Ed
      Because of other demands, I'm down to one article a month. If you're checking the blog eight times a month, you're going to be disappointed seven of those times!

However, there's a new article today. And I appreciate the votes of confidence!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Scoones View Post
        However, there's a new article today. And I appreciate the votes of confidence!
        It would be nice if you can find a way to put the diagrams within the game notation. It's a bit of a pain having to scan all the way back up to the top to see the referenced diagram.

Ed

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Seedhouse View Post
          It would be nice if you can find a way to put the diagrams within the game notation. It's a bit of a pain having to scan all the way back up to the top to see the referenced diagram.Ed
          Apparently it's an easy task for the HTML-adept. But I've never been able to figure it out. Something about moving the image tags to a new location.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Scoones View Post
            Apparently it's an easy task for the HTML-adept. But I've never been able to figure it out. Something about moving the image tags to a new location.
            blogspot.com uses a "visual" editor and also allows you to write html directly. Neither will do you much good. HTML is actually quite a simple language and quite easy to learn except that most books vastly overcomplicate it. I could probably teach the important stuff to you in a single session. It is a very simple language.

I have a blogspot.com blog registered but only ever put one entry into it. Despite google owning the site the code that surrounds your own is vastly horrible and will mess up your html even if you did it well. However inserting an image where you want it is easy, just click on the "add image" icon at the top of the editor viewport at the place in the text where you want the image to be, like at the appropriate move. It will be inserted there and your text will flow around it.

The little visual editor will work OK as long as you don't try to get fancy.

The page code that the editor makes out of it is a horror show but will work fairly well anyway, browsers being what they are.

Comment

After reading your last post I took another look at the recent article on Alekhine.

Putting the cursor at the desired spot before clicking on the Upload Image button does not work. The image goes by default to the head of the article.

After a brief visual inspection I figured out which HTML strings corresponded with each diagram. I moved them to the appropriate spots in the article and voila!

A very helpful advance -- thanks.

Comment

Now all you need is to have a pgn viewer to click through the moves.

Comment

Working...
                X