Tournament in the park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tournament in the park

A CFC rapid three rounds round robin by group of 4 players will be held in parc Maisonneuve behind the chalet next Saturday. Bring you chess set, board and clock.

Registration fee 3$ to cover the CFC rating fee.

Time control: G/20 with the addition of 10 seconds per move.

Price none: we play for fun and honor.

In case of bad weather forecast, the tournament will be rescheduled on Sunday.

Action begins at 13h00.

Re: Tournament in the park

I passed by the chalet about 1:15 pm (15 minutes after the scheduled start). I searched everywhere - inside and outside - and found no chess players, no chess sets, no organizer. There was no threat of rain (if so - there were tables inside).

Comment

Re : Tournament in the park

I have put the details on the French side. I was there well in advance and I stay there for 20 minutes. I have moved between numerous tables in search of players and I did not find any.

I have won the tournament by unrated forfeit. There will be a second tournament that hopefully will attract more players. I will also take pictures of the park to ensure that everybody meets at the same place. As you can see on this link (position of the chalet), the chalet is not properly located on the map, I do hope that nobody got confused.

Comment

Re: Re : Tournament in the park

The link doesn't work - but if you go into the park you will see that there is only one building there - the chalet. On http://maps.google.com , enter "4601 Sherbrooke E.,Montreal, QC" to see it (in the satellite view).

(when I was running blitz tournaments, I always stayed at least half an hour past starting time in case players were delayed (traffic, transit delays, etc.) getting to the site - before (rarely) cancelling tournaments).

Comment

Re: Re : Tournament in the park

Originally posted by Pierre Denommee View Post
          I was there well in advance and I stay there for 20 minutes. I have moved between numerous tables in search of players and I did not find any.
          When I organised a couple of outdoor blitz events, I always made sure there were a few players coming that were reliable. That way, I wouldn't win by default. ;)

Comment

Working...
          X