For the first time Canada will have 2 arbiters in a world chess event!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the first time Canada will have 2 arbiters in a world chess event!

For more info check the Canadian Youth Chess Team blog.

Canadian Youth Chess Team blog
    ________
    IPAD ACCESSORIES
    Last edited by Andrei Botez; Monday, 9th May, 2011, 08:24 AM.

Calling Larry Bevand

Congratulations to Mr. Parmjit Sohal and Mr. Oleksandr (Alex) Kalaydin.

Larry, weren't we both arbiters at the Thessaloniki 1984 Olympiad, or am I hallucinating? At no extra charge. I know that I was there, just in case there is any doubt about which datum is missing.

There's also the World Chess Festival 1988, Saint John NB.

Originally posted by Andrei Botez View Post

Last edited by Jonathan Berry; Monday, 27th September, 2010, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Re: For the first time Canada will have 2 arbiters in a world chess event!

WCF'88: IA's = JBerry, LBevand, HBond, SBoyd, LStringer. NTD's = Henry Chiu and Jacques Sormany, plus all of our local talent. Good Collection.

Hopefully I didn't forget any of the out of town Canadian arbiters.

Comment

Re: For the first time Canada will have 2 arbiters in a world youth chess event!

Sublime how junior organizer's offspring win their official sections, allowing for a purposeful family trip.Using this to self-title outside of FIDE regs ( you were supposed to be a top ten player, Ash) at FIDE Pokemon College as Trainer, is beyond my grasp,sadly.

Comment

Re: For the first time Canada will have 2 arbiters in a world youth chess event!

Originally posted by David McTavish View Post
          Sublime how junior organizer's offspring win their official sections, allowing for a purposeful family trip.Using this to self-title outside of FIDE regs ( you were supposed to be a top ten player, Ash) at FIDE Pokemon College as Trainer, is beyond my grasp,sadly.
          sup bro, don't really get your post, but if you're into pokemon you should check out this NSFW twitter: http://twitter.com/gary_oak_

p.s. IT'S NSFW. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED
          everytime it hurts, it hurts just like the first (and then you cry till there's no more tears)

Comment

Originally posted by ben daswani View Post
            sup bro, don't really get your post, but if you're into pokemon you should check out this NSFW twitter: http://twitter.com/gary_oak_

p.s. IT'S NSFW. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED
            DUDE; its all bout the kids if lookin for $$ in chess -- thru guvvy grants (OCA and Thorvardsson, for example), handouts from individuals ( selling tshirts and chocolate bars-- affiliation w/ schools a bonus) and from companies( ask for donations 'for the children' from banks, Coca-Cola, McDonalds, etc.)Looks like way too much work for an annual getaway to the same hotel chain, whether in Greece, Vietnam, or Turkey,etc. though. ;Andrei is by the book ( or bending it to his will)and now wants FI and IA titles; funny how Ong canceled fam trips for webinar.
            Good luck to their great grandkids at the 2074 OLYMPICS:).

"First I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for giving me the chance to take this seminar on line, I want to assure you that your efforts are appreciated and that you have my gratitude. I was thinking what I improve on this seminar, and I could not think about one thing that I would change. With this seminar on line, you are opening new ways for the FIDE family to grow and to improve the quality of the tournaments around the globe. When actions as this seminar, I hope then one day chess will be recognize as a sport everywhere and some day will be part of the Olympics. The seminar by itself was very well structured and presented, and the participants added to the learning experience. Their questions and their experience and of course on top of all this Takis' high level of professionalism and knowledge."
            Andrei Botez, Canada - Canadian Chess Federation Tournament Director

Initially, I had family vacation on the same two weekends but decided to skip them to join this Internet Arbiter Seminar. But, I have no regrets because I learned many new things that I have never learned before in my life. So, thanks again Mr. Muradian and Mr. Nikolopoulos.

Simon Ong, Canada - Canadian Chess Federation Tournament Director

From 13th to 20th November 2009 the International Trainers' Course for FIDE Trainer Titles was organized in Antalya, Turkey. The aim of the course is to educate Trainers and Chess-Teachers on an international basis. This International Course for FIDE Trainer Titles Diploma is approved by FIDE and the FIDE Trainers Commission (TRG).

Here are the results:

Titles' Award Table

N
            Surname
            Name
            Birth
            Country
            FIDE ID
            Award

Aryanejad
            Hossein
            Iran
            FT

Azgin
            Sezer
            Turkey
            FI

Botez
            Andrei
            Canada
            NI

International Trainers’ Course
            for
            FIDE Trainer Titles
            1. Aims: To educate Trainers and Chess-Teachers on an international basis. This
            International Course for FIDE Trainer Titles Diploma is approved by FIDE and the
            FIDE Trainers Commission (TRG).
            2. Dates: 13th to 20th November 2009.
            3. Location: Antalya, Turkey.
            4. Participants / Qualification:
            4.1 Developmental Instructor (DI):
            a. Knows the Rules of Chess.
            b. Rating (strength) of minimum 1400.
            4.2 National Instructor (NI):
            a. Minimum two years experience as Development Instructor (level).
            b. Rating (strength) of minimum 1600.
            c. Trainees have minimum top 10 placing in recognized national level competitions.
            4.3 FIDE Instructor (FI):
            a. Proof of National Trainer education and recommendation for participation by the
            National Federation.
            b. Proof of at least 2 years activity as a Pokemon Trainer.
            c. A minimum rating of 1800.

Imagine all these expenditures placed in their kids RESPs instead.
            Last edited by David McTavish; Tuesday, 28th September, 2010, 09:34 AM. Reason: forgot my PIN #

Comment

DUDE; its all bout the kids if lookin for $$ in chess -- thru guvvy grants (OCA and Thorvardsson, for example), handouts from individuals ( selling tshirts and chocolate bars-- affiliation w/ schools a bonus) and from companies( ask for donations 'for the children' from banks, Coca-Cola, McDonalds, etc.)Looks like way too much work for an annual getaway to the same hotel chain, whether in Greece, Vietnam, or Turkey,etc. though. ;Andrei is by the book ( or bending it to his will)and now wants FI and IA titles; funny how Ong canceled fam trips for webinar.
              Good luck to their great grandkids at the 2074 OLYMPICS:).

...snipped a lot of other stuff

Imagine all these expenditures placed in their kids RESPs instead.
              I am not sure I understand what your point may be? Can you state it succinctly and without the (apparent) personal attacks? Are you complaining how other people spend their time/money?
              ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
                I am not sure I understand what your point may be? Can you state it succinctly and without the (apparent) personal attacks? Are you complaining how other people spend their time/money?
                Tiresome, but consistent and predictable approach on your behalf, as well.
                Do you retort more often on chess.ca, since the gang is a tighter knit?? First one in the dogpile when with the bigger pack.
                Loads of cash for little return. This , right after Bluvstein has just ground Topalov to a fine powder. Waste of money for girls chess anyways, RESPs better, no?

Comment

Waste of money for girls chess anyways, RESPs better, no?
                  No! :)

No need for RESP
                  ________
                  Lamborghini Flying Star Ii
                  Last edited by Andrei Botez; Monday, 9th May, 2011, 08:25 AM.

Comment

It looks like we will have 3 Canadian arbiters at WYCC 2010!

More info will be posted on our blog soon!

http://wycc2010.blogspot.com/
                    ________
                    How To Use Extreme Q Vaporizer
                    Last edited by Andrei Botez; Monday, 9th May, 2011, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X