I guess I missed the memo on participation points elimination.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess I missed the memo on participation points elimination.

Someone should update the CFC website and remove the reference to participation points in the explanation of rating calculations.

I can see this change reducing participation in some tournaments. The tournaments that place a hard limit on playing up will probably be the least impacted by the change so most of the bigger tournaments will probably be safe from repercussions.

Re: I guess I missed the memo on participation points elimination.

Could someone help to verify the current CFC rating calculation? Seeme like both the participation points and bonus points are removed from the formular. If yes, when did this happen? I sent an email a few days ago to Bill Doubleday (CFC rating auditor) but got no reply yet.

P.S. Congrats to the Canada Team. Solid performance.

Comment

Nobody knows or nobody cares ?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Lo View Post
        Nobody knows or nobody cares ?
        This forum is for kibitzers...
        you may want to post on the CFC forum

[ http://www.chesscanada.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2 ]

and/or send an email to: info@chess.ca

PS: you may, however, be right.
        ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Seeme like both the participation points and bonus points are removed from the formular. If yes, when did this happen?
          The CFC AGM (10-11GL#1 p.39 http://www.chess.ca/Gls/10-11GL1.pdf )
          Motion 2011-03 Doubleday/Leblanc CFC discontinue participation rating points, effective Sept. 1, 2010.
          YES: 18.
          NO: 4.
          ABSTAIN: 0.
          Motion passed.
          Hope it answers half your questions.

Comment

Just got email from Bob Gillanders. As Egidijus Zeromskis stated the "participation points" are removed in Sept. 2010. Confirmed by Bob Gillanders "bonus points" are still effective. Just don't trust the CFC Web rating calculator, it's outdated.

Comment

Just got email from Bob Gillanders. As Egidijus Zeromskis stated the "participation points" are removed in Sept. 2010. Confirmed by Bob Gillanders "bonus points" are still effective. Just don't trust the CFC Web rating calculator, it's outdated.
              Actually, it works well to calculate rating changes except for performance points which it can't calculate because they are dependent on achieving a performance rating higher than your highest rating. It is usually correct plus or minus one rating point.

Comment

Working...
              X