Endgame on showcase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Endgame on showcase

Gavin Steininger tells me that has been hired as a chess consultant for a new Showcase drama called Endgame. They are filming now and expect to air next year.

http://www.tv-eh.com/2010/04/29/endg...1-on-showcase/

Re: Endgame on showcase

Make sure he is on set whenever there is a chess board so that there will be no Black squared right-hand corners which ruined the otherwise great scene in Cairo Time, or players reaching across the board to move their opponent pieces as happened in Knights of the South Bronz (filmed in Toronto).

Last week in Toronto, Omar was hired as the chess consultant to set up a mating position for the lead actor at Dundas Square in the Listener. They didn't use tournament boards, though, as the don't like the light from them!?. Matching the right boards and clocks to countries and time periods is a more advanced skill.

Comment

Re: Endgame on showcase

Originally posted by Erik Malmsten View Post
      players reaching across the board to move their opponent pieces as happened in Knights of the South Bronz (filmed in Toronto).
      I played in that movie :D. I've never seen it though. Not like I had an important role...

Comment

Working...
      X