Bluvshtein. M-Topalov. V rd. 7 of the Olympiad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bluvshtein. M-Topalov. V rd. 7 of the Olympiad

Mark will have a big showdown against V. Topalov in the morning! I don't know if this is the highest rated opponent that a Canadian ever faced as Topalov is currently rated 2803! Perhaps someone knows better. Regardless, it will be a great experience for Mark but I am sure that it will be a great fight regardless of the result and as GM Shirov knows from the 2005 Canadian Open, Mark can definitely beat anyone on his day.

Good luck!

Re: Bluvshtein. M-Topalov. V rd. 7 of the Olympiad

Originally posted by Vlad Rekhson View Post
    Mark will have a big showdown against V. Topalov in the morning! I don't know if this is the highest rated opponent that a Canadian ever faced as Topalov is currently rated 2803! Perhaps someone knows better. Regardless, it will be a great experience for Mark but I am sure that it will be a great fight regardless of the result and as GM Shirov knows from the 2005 Canadian Open, Mark can definitely beat anyone on his day.

Good luck!
    We would love to see you win against Topalov, have a good game. Lynn S

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Rekhson View Post

Good luck!
      Pascal beat Anand at one of the Olympiads, so it's definitely not the highest player a Canadian has faced.

As I'm writing this, Mark has a very good position. I think he will win this game.

Comment

Wow... minor piece endings on the top three boards. Mark has 6 vs 5 in a single knight ending; Thomas is 5 vs 5 in a same-coloured bishop ending; and Leonid has 4+B vs 4+N, with the pawns all on one side.

Nikolay, on the other hand, has the exact opposite of an ending. I can't evaluate his opponent's sack, but I have no desire to ruin the suspense with Fritz!

I should be working, but this is riveting stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Kirby View Post
          Pascal beat Anand at one of the Olympiads, so it's definitely not the highest player a Canadian has faced.

As I'm writing this, Mark has a very good position. I think he will win this game.
          and didn't yanofsky beat botvinnik? i would rate him at least 2804 :)

Comment

Mark is two pawns up in a knight ending! This is huge!

Comment

Actually, Mark has a great record against 2700's (and 2800's, ha ha), I think. The win over Shirov helped. Has he ever even lost to a 2700+?

Comment

GM Bluvshtein just beat the ex-World Champ GM Topalov.

I have no point, beyond that, to make.

Way to go, Mark!!!!

Comment

Mark just won! Congrats! (let's hope they didn't mis-identify the games again).

Yelizaveta also won.

Comment

Congradulation Mark!

What an acheivment! Congratz on beating 2 time World Chess Championship Finalist. I hope this win will give you a boost at Wijk Aan Zee next year. :D

Comment

Canada-Bulgaria ended 2-2. Wow!

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
                        Canada-Bulgaria ended 2-2. Wow!
                        WOW indeed... marvelous result, and congratulations to Mark for quite an achievement! Brilliant.
                        ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
                          WOW indeed... marvelous result, and congratulations to Mark for quite an achievement! Brilliant.
                          http://ugra-chess.com/

Bookmark this for remaining rds now, if you already haven't.

http://ugra-chess.com/liveboard?game...1070181&tmnt=1

this is the game.

Succinctenough?

Comment

Topalov was fried like a chick(en) :D
                            smth like that

Mark, take a day off tomorrow and write a report of the game :D

Comment

Just played over the game and.... WOW :) I just about woke up the house with my cheering... Congratulations Mark, very impressive win. This game should be front page news on all the chess sites :)

Comment

Working...
                              X