Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will FIDE reimburse charter flights?

http://www.fide.com/component/conten...er-claims.html

Re: Will FIDE reimburse charter flights?

We received these assurances when we arrived in Khanty Mansiysk. The documentation is currently being assembled. Fingers are crossed! It means more than $4000 to us.

Comment

Originally posted by Hal Bond View Post
      We received these assurances when we arrived in Khanty Mansiysk.
      From Karpov or Ilyumzhinov?
      Gary Ruben
      CC - IA and SIM

Comment

From FIDE Gary. I am not aware of any comments from team about this issue, although I believe he would have acted in a similar fashion. We were also assured during and after the competition.

Comment

Originally posted by Hal Bond View Post
          From FIDE Gary. I am not aware of any comments from team about this issue, although I believe he would have acted in a similar fashion. We were also assured during and after the competition.
          I guess that makes it a sure thing.
          Gary Ruben
          CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
            I guess that makes it a sure thing.
            With FIDE a sure thing is when the money is in the bank! Buts lets hope its true!

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Rekhson View Post
              With FIDE a sure thing is when the money is in the bank! Buts lets hope its true!
              I'm not buying that. Either FIDE is trustworthy or they aren't. I asked if a candidate had made the assurance and was told the assurance was given by FIDE, which is the organization. Also the assurance had been given more than once. During and after the competition.

I would expect the payment to be forthcoming on proof of loss.

I wonder if they flew Air Canada.
              Gary Ruben
              CC - IA and SIM

Comment

I think a distinction is in order here.

FIDE is at this point only assembling the claims, to be made to and paid by the organizers ( which is different from FIDE ).

I am not sure that FIDE has agreed that if the organizers reject the claims, FIDE will pay them instead. I'm not sure that Hal was saying that, but maybe FIDE did make that commitment. I think that needs some clarification.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
                  I think a distinction is in order here.

FIDE is at this point only assembling the claims, to be made to and paid by the organizers ( which is different from FIDE ).

I am not sure that FIDE has agreed that if the organizers reject the claims, FIDE will pay them instead. I'm not sure that Hal was saying that, but maybe FIDE did make that commitment. I think that needs some clarification.

Bob
                  I have to think Hal knows the difference between FIDE and the organizers. Pending a retraction, and in view of the clarification when I asked, I have to think FIDE was said to have given the assurance.
                  Gary Ruben
                  CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Working...
                  X