Calling out Vlad Dobrich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Calling out Vlad Dobrich

Yes - an adminstator admitted to me that he had been doing some editing in this thread - but that it was too "lively and entertaining" to delete completely, and that it attracted more readers and posters.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
      Yes - an adminstator admitted to me that he had been doing some editing in this thread - but that it was too "lively and entertaining" to delete completely, and that it attracted more readers and posters.
      It has a long way to go to catch up to the thread on Blindfold chess or the Climate Change thread, and I doubt whether our two protagonists have the stamina to keep injecting a little life in the thread from time to time... (I believe that is a good thing)
      ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Is this seriously coming from one of the young stars of Chess in Canada? You need to calm down you were wrong about the blitz tournament( the rules were on Vlad's side) and you are most likely wrong on this occasion (I wasn't there so I can't say an absolute, but the claim seems utterly ridiculous).

Are you trying to further slander Dobrich's reputation with your delinquent insults and rants?

If his staring (which I highly doubt even occurred) was really bothering you that much why didn't you go up to him and ask him kindly to stop? If that so difficult? Or if you are truly afraid of him, why not ask someone else to tell him to stop?
        University and Chess, a difficult mix.

Comment

Adam:

I'm sorry. It is almost impossible to decipher the meaning behind your post.
          i rep back 3+

Comment

For what it's worth, Adam and Bindi, I have known Vlad since he and I were undergraduates at the U of T (Toronto) in the early 1970s. He also did his stare at me the last time I visited his speed tournament, which was several months ago.

I was a bit surprised, but ignored it. Vlad is doing his best to re-ignite the Saturday blitz tournaments which used to be run by the Toronto Chess Club way back when, and he deserves our respect for that. He had his problems a few years ago when he was forced to vacate the 1681 Bayview site, but has apparently overcome them.

Let's all concentrate on chess!

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
              I have a BIG issue with the notion that whatever posts I have just read may or may not be the ones originally posted, with absolutely NO mention of this behind-the-scenes editing made in the posts themselves. Kerry Liles has already apologized for "misquoting" somebody when apparently he correctly quoted them.

If a post is offensive and needs to be edited or deleted, then it should be *noted* very clearly for everybody else to see. The currently exercised practice, in my opinion, is extremely dishonest.

If somebody wants "entertaining" and "lively" I suggest they invest the effort to revive the not-too-lamented Ottawa Chess Club site, rather than doctoring posts here.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Beckwith View Post
                I hereby announce that I am founding the BINDI CHENG STARING CLUB.

Please sign up below if you want to join and repost:

BINDI CHENG STARING CLUB
                Members in Good Staring
                1) Paul Beckwith
                2) Vlad Dobrich (honorary member)
                3) add your name hear
                Well, what do we got here? A promising young chess player, Bindi Cheng, who is already showing strong symptoms of Fischer-like mental instability. This is a great advertisement for young kids to take up chess seriously!

Somebody -- maybe even Vlad Dobrich -- should help this kid. Shame on Beckwith for making this cute little gag.

Bindi, the best thing you could do for yourself is to take up poker. Poker players get stared at by their opponents a LOT, and they love it. It's part of the game, and you learn to use it to your advantage. Poker is an entirely opposite game to chess, and maybe that's what you need right now.
                Only the rushing is heard...
                Onward flies the bird.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Bonham View Post
                  Well, what do we got here? A promising young chess player, Bindi Cheng, who is already showing strong symptoms of Fischer-like mental instability. This is a great advertisement for young kids to take up chess seriously!
                  out of sheer curiosity, are you the dumbass who believes in reincarnation and spiritual mediums, or am i thinking of a different dumbass?
                  everytime it hurts, it hurts just like the first (and then you cry till there's no more tears)

Comment

This thread should be deleted not edited.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Douglas View Post
                      I have a BIG issue with the notion that whatever posts I have just read may or may not be the ones originally posted, with absolutely NO mention of this behind-the-scenes editing made in the posts themselves. ...

If a post is offensive and needs to be edited or deleted, then it should be *noted* very clearly for everybody else to see. The currently exercised practice, in my opinion, is extremely dishonest.

Steve
                      I strongly agree with this. There absolutely should be mention that a post has been edited and the general reason given for the editing.
                      "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom O'Donnell View Post
                        I strongly agree with this. There absolutely should be mention that a post has been edited and the general reason given for the editing.
                        Yup... Any moderator should never edit posts without indicating they were edited or the reason for editing.

Comment

This thread does wonders for the CMA's image. Consider the kids...

Comment

Originally posted by Tom O'Donnell View Post
                            In Canadian Chess, post edits you!

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Craft View Post
                              This thread does wonders for the CMA's image. Consider the kids...
                              As far as I can tell, the old guys (me, Ken Craft, Hugh Brodie) are saying "shame", and the kids (Bindi, Ben, and Lucas) are more enthusiastic.

Comment

Originally posted by John Coleman View Post
                                As far as I can tell, the old guys (me, Ken Craft, Hugh Brodie) are saying "shame", and the kids (Bindi, Ben, and Lucas) are more enthusiastic.
                                Don't forget me!
                                i rep back 3+

Comment

Working...
                                X