Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Calling out Vlad Dobrich

Originally posted by John Coleman View Post
    As far as I can tell, the old guys (me, Ken Craft, Hugh Brodie) are saying "shame", and the kids (Bindi, Ben, and Lucas) are more enthusiastic.
    i think that says more about your stupidity than anything else. if you find this thread shameful, why do you keep viewing it?

the fact that i don't think the thread should be deleted has nothing to do with its content
    everytime it hurts, it hurts just like the first (and then you cry till there's no more tears)

Comment

Congrats on becoming TOPTOTurkey, Bindi. Strong tourney victories evoke all lot of emotions apparently.That you would similarly complain about pairings AFTER THE FACT when presented w/ the honour of playing a top Indian GM and putting in a real good battle but getting ground down w an iso pawn eventually ( as he has done against many stronger players than you) shows only your will to win. With no regard to the consequences. Vlad has called YOU out now. Gumflapper.

Comment

Originally posted by ben daswani View Post
        i think that says more about your stupidity than anything else. if you find this thread shameful, why do you keep viewing it?

the fact that i don't think the thread should be deleted has nothing to do with its content
        He didn't say the thread was shameful, he said "shame" presumably over how Walter Dobrich was treated in the original post of the thread. John Coleman is anything but stupid aside from spending an inordinate amount of time offering children and adults the chance to play chess in the excellent events which he organizes. Show some respect to the people who make sacrifices of time and often money so that we can play this game that we love to play. Take a chill pill.

I have fond memories of Walter's simultaneous exhibitions at Windsor's Devonshire mall in the 1970s.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
          He didn't say the thread was shameful, he said "shame" presumably over how Walter Dobrich was treated in the original post of the thread. John Coleman is anything but stupid aside from spending an inordinate amount of time offering children and adults the chance to play chess in the excellent events which he organizes. Show some respect to the people who make sacrifices of time and often money so that we can play this game that we love to play. Take a chill pill.

I have fond memories of Walter's simultaneous exhibitions at Windsor's Devonshire mall in the 1970s.
          he's made no sacrifices for me and i don't care if he does or doesn't, so that argument HOLDS NO WEIGHT

if dobrich was treated shamefully, that would make the comments shameful, correct? quit getting caught up in semantics
          everytime it hurts, it hurts just like the first (and then you cry till there's no more tears)

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Dobrich View Post
            It's because there is something not rational in your perception of reality.
            Not necessarily here. Often two persons who know each other, meeting in a crowd, and exchanging glances coincidently, can think the other is staring at them.

One reason is the misbelief we all have that we can tell someone is watching us when we're not looking.

That could also be why the "evil eye" myth cuts across so many cultures.

Comment

The only thing I'm able to understand is that you're a professional gumflapper?

Originally posted by David McTavish View Post
              Congrats on becoming TOPTOTurkey, Bindi. Strong tourney victories evoke all lot of emotions apparently.That you would similarly complain about pairings AFTER THE FACT when presented w/ the honour of playing a top Indian GM and putting in a real good battle but getting ground down w an iso pawn eventually ( as he has done against many stronger players than you) shows only your will to win. With no regard to the consequences. Vlad has called YOU out now. Gumflapper.
              Shameless self-promotion on display here
              http://www.youtube.com/user/Barkyducky?feature=mhee

Comment

Good one. I know you are but what..

Last Can Op, when you know the one section pairing rules, you complain when paired down to FIDE unr.Then when paired w/ Harikrishna, you play, and then only after whine like a baby after losing. At that same events' speed tourney, you reach a dead drawn pos. Vlad rules draw. You are wrong.
                You accuse others, using slanderous language (pedoph, a###ole) and yet are still permitted to post.And at your intellectual height, a fine champion and representative of Toronto.
                Apologize to Vlad.Watch the parking lots.It's a mean city.

Comment

LMAO, Dude, you are so funny, have you ever considered your own stand-up comedy show?

Originally posted by David McTavish View Post
                  Good one. I know you are but what..

Last Can Op, when you know the one section pairing rules, you complain when paired down to FIDE unr.Then when paired w/ Harikrishna, you play, and then only after whine like a baby after losing. At that same events' speed tourney, you reach a dead drawn pos. Vlad rules draw. You are wrong.
                  You accuse others, using slanderous language (pedoph, a###ole) and yet are still permitted to post.And at your intellectual height, a fine champion and representative of Toronto.
                  Apologize to Vlad.Watch the parking lots.It's a mean city.
                  Shameless self-promotion on display here
                  http://www.youtube.com/user/Barkyducky?feature=mhee

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Bonham View Post
                    who is already showing strong symptoms of Fischer-like mental instability.
                    I think you may mean Piersall-like mental illness, which can strike
                    families where the father pressures the kids too much to succeed.

In his "psycho rant" post, Spraggett too refers to Piersall , since the
                    actor who played him, also played the killer in "Psycho".

Bindi's brother who lost to me in the Canadian Open last year, also seems
                    to have trouble with losing. But that isn't necessarily a family trait.

The best example in the chess world might have been the Kamskys, but for
                    fate intervening.
                    Last edited by Ed Zator; Thursday, 4th November, 2010, 05:15 AM. Reason: too wordy

Comment

Working...
                    X