Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Activity totals per player Jan 2006-Sept 2010

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
    It's nice to see someone taking an active interest in ratings.

Could you explain something to me?

Why would a CFC rating which has been inactive for apporximately 35 years still be in use for current events should the holder of the rating enter an event?

Is it supposed to be accurate?
    I think for many players, who have not entered the "twilight" years, it would still be reasonably accurate. Obviously not for you, since you've become a very strong player without playing any rated OTB games.

I would think the Rating Arbiter would agree to let you start over as unrated (but ineligible for class prizes), should you decide to enter an event.

Comment

Re: CFC ratings database: some analysis for ratings & activity

Interesting reading, thanks Roger.

Fast forward to the here and now ... what's happened in the years since? Frequency of games played by rating is nice data.

As an aside; is their a national average for EFs 2017-2018 as compared to 2010-2011?

Comment

Re: CFC ratings database: some analysis for ratings & activity

Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post
        Interesting reading, thanks Roger.

Fast forward to the here and now ... what's happened in the years since? Frequency of games played by rating is nice data.

As an aside; is their a national average for EFs 2017-2018 as compared to 2010-2011?
        I have occasionally posted updates to part of this data, the last time probably 3 or 4 years ago. If you look at my old posts, I'm sure you can find those updates and discussion. (one factor being that the rule regarding rating of active (i.e. rapid) junior events as active rather than regular rating started being enforced).

I no longer receive copies of the CFC rating database (my last copy a little over a year ago) as I convinced the rating auditor / CFC to provide direct access to the ratings database for the items he needs to monitor the rating system. That would include data for rating averages and means. That is reported on regularly by the rating auditor so you can get that from reviewing the governor meeting discussions or perhaps if you ask the rating auditor nicely, he'll provide it to you. Short answer is that the rating averages and means for the CFC population have been stable since the rating bonus system was last revised. (not sure how many years that has been offhand.)

Comment

Working...
        X