Canadian IM Valerian Adam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian IM Valerian Adam

According to FIDE, this BC resident (a Google search shows a dentist with this name in Prince Rupert) is an IM. However - there are none of his European games available since 2000. FIDE shows several excellent European results from 2004-2009.

This blog http://chesslodge.blogspot.com/2006/...stigation.html (click on "Valerian Adam" below the text) has positive and negative comments on his title.

"Saturday, November 25, 2006
    Valerian Adam under investigation

Nadia Ulyumdzhieva from Elista FIDE office confirmed that "this matter is under investigation now". "

Do we assume that since he is still listed as an IM that the investigation is over and no wrong was done?

Does anyone have more comments to add? I am updating CanBase, and want to include all the Canadian titleholders listed on the FIDE site.

Re: Canadian IM Valerian Adam

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
    Does anyone have more comments to add? I am updating CanBase, and want to include all the Canadian titleholders listed on the FIDE site.
    Hugh, you as the CFC governor should search the Governors' discussion board for more details.

As some kind of outcome: Canadian players must have certain CFC ratings before applying for FIDE titles (Motion 20XX-YY)

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
      Hugh, you as the CFC governor should search the Governors' discussion board for more details.

As some kind of outcome: Canadian players must have certain CFC ratings before applying for FIDE titles (Motion 20XX-YY)
      So FIDE awarded IM title in 2009.Has the CFC rescinded based on too low CFC rating? Or thats just for governors to know?Going from performing at 2100CFC in 2001, to performing 2600 FIDE in Serbia as a retiree in 4 tourneys straight within a months time (where the games also are 'N/A' )is gobstopping.
      Notice how his name is a acronym of Eugene Valer Demian,too?Sublime. AGaschvindal?
      That Northern B.C. water must be good.:)

tomohawk IM Tom O'Donnell, Canada.
      toothfairy IM Valerian Adam, Canada.
      ICC handles, and Tom could you shed some light on this, or Adam reply here

Comment

Originally posted by David McTavish View Post
        So FIDE awarded IM title in 2009.Has the CFC rescinded based on too low CFC rating? Or thats just for governors to know?Going from performing at 2100CFC in 2001, to performing 2600 FIDE in Serbia as a retiree in 4 tourneys straight within a months time (where the games also are 'N/A' )is gobstopping.
        The title application was sent in 2006. http://ratings.fide.com/title_applic...title=IM&pb=13

For some reasons (FIDE investigation, CFC protest - H.Bond could share more the first-hand information) the confirmation was delayed till 2009 .

You analyses/facts are suspicions but only suspicions. Could you back-up with trustworthy facts that those tournaments were not played or arranged? ;)
        Last edited by Egidijus Zeromskis; Monday, 18th October, 2010, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by David McTavish View Post
          tomohawk IM Tom O'Donnell, Canada.
          toothfairy IM Valerian Adam, Canada.
          ICC handles, and Tom could you shed some light on this, or Adam reply here
          Shed light on what? I take it that someone at some point asked me about whether Valerian Adam existed, I said yes, and that I played him at least once at a Keres Memorial many, many years ago. He struck me as a solid player. I don't think I could comment upon his chess strength on the basis of one tournament played a long time ago.
          "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
            The title application was sent in 2006. http://ratings.fide.com/title_applic...title=IM&pb=13

For some reasons (FIDE investigation, CFC protest - H.Bond could share more the first-hand information) the confirmation was delayed till 2009 .

You analyses/facts are suspicions but only suspicions. Could you back-up with trustworthy facts that those tournaments were not played or arranged? ;)
            No gamescores, or word from supposed IM.Onus on him to prove worthiness of a blessed FIDE title. Presidentbeing the greatest, of course.
            Illusionof has asassinated at least two meddling journalists, one by his brother, too.No law there.

Comment

Working...
            X