"Endgame" -a TV series about a top-ranked player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Endgame" -a TV series about a top-ranked player

According to the website http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainmen...ip26x4ZxR3khAL
    "Endgame," a TV series about a top-ranked player who solves unsolvable crimes is being filmed in Vancouver by Thunderbird Films. No word on whether the show, starring Shawn Doyle of "Big Love," will air in the US, but it is expected on Canadian TV in the spring."

"The series' premise, according to the production company, is that "World Champion chess master Arkady Balagan" is traumatized by the murder of his fiancée, so he holes himself up in a Vancouver hotel, afraid to go out."

"To occupy his mind -- and earn a living -- he finds the answers to mysteries that had stumped police.

The CFC should find some way to get some advertisements on this show to increase awareness of the organization and Chess in Canada!:) Or get the producers to at least put a link to the CFC during the closing credits perhaps? I have a diploma in Business Administration-Marketing Management from the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology and have taken courses in Public Relations,Advertising and Marketing. Believe me this is a great opportunity for the CFC and for provincial chess associations to get some publicity for Chess in Canada! I hope the Adminstrations of the CFC and Provincial Chess Associations will take my suggestions seriously!:)
    Last edited by Wayne Mendryk; Monday, 18th October, 2010, 03:12 AM. Reason: link did not work

Re: "Endgame" -a TV series about a top-ranked player

Originally posted by Wayne Mendryk View Post
    According to the website http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainmen...ip26x4ZxR3khAL
    "Endgame," a TV series about a top-ranked player who solves unsolvable crimes is being filmed in Vancouver by Thunderbird Films. No word on whether the show, starring Shawn Doyle of "Big Love," will air in the US, but it is expected on Canadian TV in the spring."

"The series' premise, according to the production company, is that "World Champion chess master Arkady Balagan" is traumatized by the murder of his fiancée, so he holes himself up in a Vancouver hotel, afraid to go out."

"To occupy his mind -- and earn a living -- he finds the answers to mysteries that had stumped police.

The CFC should find some way to get some advertisements on this show to increase awareness of the organization and Chess in Canada!:) Or get the producers to at least put a link to the CFC during the closing credits perhaps? I have a diploma in Business Administration-Marketing Management from the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology and have taken courses in Public Relations,Advertising and Marketing. Believe me this is a great opportunity for the CFC and for provincial chess associations to get some publicity for Chess in Canada! I hope the Adminstrations of the CFC and Provincial Chess Associations will take my suggestions seriously!:)
    chesster says:

September 27th, 2010 at 9:53 pm
    wow ,highly original; should send canwest laughing all the way to the creditor — NOT –LAME!

Comment

I am happy to report there is no grass growing under the CFC feet.

CFC VP Mark Dutton has put the producers of the show in contact with Brian Raymer of the Victoria Chess Club. Brian is helping out. :)

Comment

(ahem) that would be Brian Raymer of Victoria Junior Chess......

The producers also contacted me on the same issue. But all roads lead to Brian...

See also this thread: http://www.chesstalk.info/forum/showthread.php?t=3969

Comment

Working...
        X