Chess Cafe book review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chess Cafe book review

A review of The Quality Chess Puzzle Book on the Chess Cafe website cites a position contributed by Neil Sullivan: http://www.chesscafe.com/Reviews/books.htm

Re: Chess Cafe book review

Originally posted by Dan Scoones View Post
    A review of The Quality Chess Puzzle Book on the Chess Cafe website cites a position contributed by Neil Sullivan: http://www.chesscafe.com/Reviews/books.htm
    A non-fan of my book wrote me that the position was so simple "even a child could find that move". :)

Nevertheless, I still think it's a move to be proud of and one that's not so easy to spot during a game.

Mostly though, it's the type of move that will haunt you forever if you don't play it! :D

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Sullivan View Post

A non-fan of my book wrote me that the position was so simple "even a child could find that move". :)
      Don't let it bother you Neil. If you read the thread on my Caro Kann game, you will have noticed those of little talent tend to not appreciate a well played game.

Simply a "mouse hound" nipping at your heels.
      Gary Ruben
      CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
        Don't let it bother you Neil. If you read the thread on my Caro Kann game, you will have noticed those of little talent tend to not appreciate a well played game.

Simply a "mouse hound" nipping at your heels.
        Oh, it didn't bother me in the slightest Gary. It was part of a rambling, hate-filled e-mail from someone who had just lost a match against me. I took it as sour grapes mixed in with a bucketful of personal problems and laughed it off.

In fact, it was the only negative comment made to me about the book. Folks have been more than kind with their comments. I think they at least recognized the effort and didn't judge it with the severity they would use with a non-amateur's work. They were probably thinking along the lines of Samuel Johnson when he uttered his famous line about a dog walking on its hind legs. ;)

Comment

Working...
        X