FIDE America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIDE America

The Chess'n Math Association successfullly organized the first North American Chess Championship in Canada this summer as part of our 25th Anniversary celebrations.

The event was a total success attracting a record number of participants in the history of this event!

After the tournament, I received an e-mail from the USCF bureaucrat (sorry Chuck ...no one wants to be called a b... :) after the event to say that this is the first time he had not received any complaints :).

Everyone had a fantastic time!

We got this event thanks to Hal Bond, our FIDE rep!

As I told him when he offered this event to us...I owe you one!
    I wonder if I put him in my will....:)

For the record, the Chess'n Math Association would love to host many more FIDE scholastic events. We were sabotaged in the past by a particular CFC bureaucrat...we had the Quebec City Convention Centre reserved for the 2008 World Youth Championship with the collaboration of the FQE (2008 was a special year for Quebec City...google it :)...and over $200,000 in sponsorship garanteed...to start...but alas) ....hopefully we can bring more events to Canada in the future.

It will depend on the collaboration we get from the CFC...

Mr Gillanders?

I respect you...what say you?

Larry

Re: FIDE America

Larry - As I think you know, CFC-CMA collaboaration has always worked for me.

Fred
    CFC Treasurer

Comment

718 games from the NAYCC (North American Youth Championships) held in August in Montreal, are available for download.

http://canbase.fqechecs.qc.ca/cbv/20...2010_naycc.cbv
      http://canbase.fqechecs.qc.ca/cbv/20...2010_naycc.pgn
      http://canbase.fqechecs.qc.ca/canbaseii.htm

All played games are included - except - 3 or 4 are missing from the U08; 1 from the U10; and 1 from the U16 groups - either both scoresheets were missing, or both were illegible. Several other games are incomplete (illegible).

Thanks to Luc Gauthier for his help in entering these games.

Comment

Larry - I am quite open to CFC-CMA collaboration. :)

I know the CFC and CMA have a long and colourful history together in service to the Canadian chess community. The good, the bad, and the ugly. As a relative newcomer to chess politics, I don't presume to understand it all, and I am certainly not qualified to pass judgement. Perhaps naive, but I will assume everyone was acting in what they felt were the best interest of the chess community at the time. :)

Chess N' Math has played a vital role in promoting chess to Canadian youth for 25 years. I look forward to some CFC-CMA collaborative efforts. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
          Larry - I am quite open to CFC-CMA collaboration. :)

I know the CFC and CMA have a long and colourful history together in service to the Canadian chess community. The good, the bad, and the ugly. As a relative newcomer to chess politics, I don't presume to understand it all, and I am certainly not qualified to pass judgement. Perhaps naive, but I will assume everyone was acting in what they felt were the best interest of the chess community at the time. :)

Chess N' Math has played a vital role in promoting chess to Canadian youth for 25 years. I look forward to some CFC-CMA collaborative efforts. :D

Excellent!

I will contact you.

Larry

Comment

Originally posted by Fred McKim View Post
            Larry - As I think you know, CFC-CMA collaboaration has always worked for me.

Fred
            CFC Treasurer
            Hi Fred,

Agreed!

So with you, Bob, Hal, Mark and Michael onside...I think tis time to make some proposals!

Thanks for your support over the years!

Larry

Comment

Hey guys,

Don't forget about the FQE, don't leave them out of the action...

Regards,
              Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Beckwith View Post
                Hey guys,

Don't forget about the FQE, don't leave them out of the action...

Regards,
                Paul
                Hi Paul,

We are on excellent terms with the FQE since the present administration took over about 16 months ago. Since July 2010 we are the Official Supplier of Chess Books & Equipment for that organization. This will be the 2nd year that we help publicize their revitalized Quebec Youth Championship and they (FQE President Marc Poulin) have been extremely helpful in getting sponsorship for our flagship Canadian Chess Challenge.

I would not hesitate for one second to work with the folks who are in charge of the FQE today! They are doing a lot of good work and the chess scene in the province is much healthier today than it has been in a long time.

Larry

Comment

Hello Larry,

That is good to hear; thanks for your detailed update.

Good luck with all the negotiations, let me know when you need Bob softened up a little.

Regards,
                  Paul

Comment

Working...
                  X