met kovalchuk, got his autograph d: (not chess related)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• met kovalchuk, got his autograph d: (not chess related)

why am i posting this on a chess forum? I'M POSTING IT EVERYWHERE

so here's the dets: kovy rolls up and i'm all like "hey kovy can you sign this?" AND THEN HE SIGNED IT
    everytime it hurts, it hurts just like the first (and then you cry till there's no more tears)

Re: met kovalchuk, got his autograph d: (not chess related)

Originally posted by ben daswani View Post
    so here's the dets: kovy rolls up and i'm all like "hey kovy can you sign this?" AND THEN HE SIGNED IT
    I've got him on a fantasy team. So far he has about 3 points and has been a "healthy scratch" once. Last home game they booed him every time he touched the puck.

The guy who offered me a team bus for him has withdrawn the offer. I'm moving on to fantasy basketball.
    Gary Ruben
    CC - IA and SIM

Comment

why am i posting this on a chess forum? I'M POSTING IT EVERYWHERE

Hi Ben:

Must have been great to meet your hero...... obviously you are huge fan of his.

You must be disappointed at how badly he (Kovalchuk) and the Devils are doing this season.

I was just reading that they are in LAST PLACE in the NHL....

Did you attend the game last night? I watched the World Series and Monday Night Football -- but just read that....

The New Jersey Devils' losing ways continued in a big way on Monday night.

John MacLean's club was shut out for the first time this season as Roberto Luongo made 30 saves in a 3-0 loss to the Vancouver Canucks at Rogers Arena.

Kovalchuk has been held without a point in four straight games.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark S. Dutton, I.A. View Post

Must be hard to score goals with the puck behind your stick... hehe
        ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

He was hotdogging it by skating backwards. :|
          "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
          "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
          "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

[/I]
            Not his fault. One of the games the coach sat him in the stands to suck up the atmosphere. :)
            Gary Ruben
            CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Hi Ben:

Must have been great to meet your hero...... obviously you are huge fan of his.

You must be disappointed at how badly he (Kovalchuk) and the Devils are doing this season.

I was just reading that they are in LAST PLACE in the NHL....

Did you attend the game last night? I watched the World Series and Monday Night Football -- but just read that....

The New Jersey Devils' losing ways continued in a big way on Monday night.

John MacLean's club was shut out for the first time this season as Roberto Luongo made 30 saves in a 3-0 loss to the Vancouver Canucks at Rogers Arena.

hey mark, yeah i was at that game. it's been a very depressing year ): still holding faith though...

it was sweet meeting kovy but he's not really my hero... marty definitely is, but he didn't come out to sign autographs. he never does ): kovy was very pro about it; brought his own sharpie and everything
              everytime it hurts, it hurts just like the first (and then you cry till there's no more tears)

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
                I've got him on a fantasy team. So far he has about 3 points and has been a "healthy scratch" once. Last home game they booed him every time he touched the puck.

The guy who offered me a team bus for him has withdrawn the offer. I'm moving on to fantasy basketball.
                i have kovy in my pool and i'm already in 1st by over 100 points. seems as if kovy isn't the problem; YOU ARE

btw, you haven't responded to my bet request

Comment

i have kovy in my pool and i'm already in 1st by over 100 points. seems as if kovy isn't the problem; YOU ARE

btw, you haven't responded to my bet request
                  What bet request would that be? I rate my chance of getting paid about the same as your chance of getting that book.
                  Gary Ruben
                  CC - IA and SIM

Comment

I nicknamed Kovalchuk "The Titanic"... Very big and very expensive, and completely useless when he hits the ice :)

But hey, the NJ Devils are leading the league in losses in regulation with 10... now that's something they can really build on!!!!
                    No matter how big and bad you are, when a two-year-old hands you a toy phone, you answer it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
                      What bet request would that be? I rate my chance of getting paid about the same as your chance of getting that book.
                      last bet request was a little tasteless HAR HAR let's bet on how many points kovalwhat ends with. if 70 or more, you stop posting for a year. if less than 70, i stop posting for a year. an injury resulting in his missing more than 10 consecutive games voids the bet

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan S. Berson View Post
                        I nicknamed Kovalchuk "The Titanic"... Very big and very expensive, and completely useless when he hits the ice :)

But hey, the NJ Devils are leading the league in losses in regulation with 10... now that's something they can really build on!!!!
                        correct me if i'm wrong but aren't you disgustingly overweight

Comment

correct me if i'm wrong but aren't you disgustingly overweight
                          Wow Ben, is that all you could come up with in defence of your favourite $100,000,000 player who loses the handle on a penalty shot and shoots the puck over the glass on a breakaway?

Gee Ben, after reading your recent posts, I thought you were at a maturity level around 12, but I guess I overestimated you...
                          No matter how big and bad you are, when a two-year-old hands you a toy phone, you answer it.

Comment

last bet request was a little tasteless HAR HAR let's bet on how many points kovalwhat ends with. if 70 or more, you stop posting for a year. if less than 70, i stop posting for a year. an injury resulting in his missing more than 10 consecutive games voids the bet
                            He has 8 points and there are still more than 60 games to play. Actually, about 65 games. He could do it if he can pick up his game. Last season he scored more than a point a game on average. That's why they are paying him the big bucks. The big thing is he gets a lot of his points on assists and his team isn't scoring that many goals.

Now if Jersey would trade him to a team with scorers that would be different.

If you want someone who can rack up assists, stack Savard on your injury list. He can get a boat load of them and he's getting closer to a comeback from his concussion. I've got him on my injury list on a couple of teams.
                            Gary Ruben
                            CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan S. Berson View Post
                              that is hilarious...
                              University and Chess, a difficult mix.

Comment

Working...
                              X