CANADA at WORLD YOUTH UNDER-16 CHESS OLYMPIAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CANADA at WORLD YOUTH UNDER-16 CHESS OLYMPIAD

Good luck to our team in Turkey. I believe they will have a great tournament.

Gary Gladstone will be the Head of the Delegation to those talented players:
    Nikita Kraiouchkine,
    Konstantin Semianiuk,
    Mike Ivanov,
    Simon Gladstone.

18 teams registered, first game Sunday 28th Nov.

Website
    ________
    Sex cam
    Last edited by Andrei Botez; Monday, 9th May, 2011, 08:29 AM.

Re: CANADA at WORLD YOUTH UNDER-16 CHESS OLYMPIAD

I hope they bring back gold and FM titles.

Comment

Our team made it safe in Turkey

Team picture here.
      ________
      Cheap galaxy 6mm airsoft pistol black
      Last edited by Andrei Botez; Monday, 9th May, 2011, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the good wishes. Please check out my posts on the CFC Board and I'll start posting in both places from now on

http://www.chesscanada.info/forum/showthread.php?t=1288

Gary

Comment

We have just had the technical meeting
          Russia drew black
          The pairings will be posted around 2
          Match points will be used for pairing
          Game points will be used for standings
          More info as it comes

Gary

Ps. Food is good and too plentiful

Comment

The players list has just gone up and it looks like we will be playing Belarus.
            Nikita will be black.

http://wyco2010.tsf.org.tr/en/compon...ileview&kid=76

Comment

Live games on official site

Herehttp://wyco2010.tsf.org.tr/en/live-games
              ?n?n? Stadyumu
              ________
              Volcano Solid Valve
              Last edited by Andrei Botez; Monday, 9th May, 2011, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Nikita Drew
                The other three lost
                Final Score
                Belarus 3.5 - Canada .5

The boys are analyzing their games now and there are two games tomorrow
                Gary

Comment

The most frustrating thing is SLOW INTERNET :(
                  There is no internet for us in the playing hall and with everyone in the hotel fighting for bandwith, next to impossible.
                  Tomorrow's pairings have just gone up and Canada is black against Libya. Black two times in a row, Libya lost to one of the Turkey teams 3-1.
                  The boys are in good spirits and we hope for the best tomorrow.
                  There are two games tomorrow at 10 and 4; not sure if I'll be able to provide summary, but the games are online.
                  The earlier post about the food - lunch and supper were the same
                  Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Gladstone View Post
                    The most frustrating thing is SLOW INTERNET :(
                    There is no internet for us in the playing hall and with everyone in the hotel fighting for bandwith, next to impossible.
                    Tomorrow's pairings have just gone up and Canada is black against Libya. Black two times in a row, Libya lost to one of the Turkey teams 3-1.
                    The boys are in good spirits and we hope for the best tomorrow.
                    There are two games tomorrow at 10 and 4; not sure if I'll be able to provide summary, but the games are online.
                    The earlier post about the food - lunch and supper were the same
                    Gary
                    Hi Gary,

Are you enjoying the tomatoes and pomegranate or the turkish delight :). I just googled your location...looks like your day trip will be Sagalassos...you really have to find time for Pamukalle...it will blow you away :)...unless you enjoy ruins more :) teehee

What's the weather like? If it makes you feel good...it snowed in Montreal today...not to mention the wind and minus 9 temperatures :).

I got a call from Nikita's mom on Friday thanking Chess'n Math for our contribution to this...was very nice :)

Good luck to the team!

Larry

Comment

Canada beat libya 4-0
                      Having lunch and then another match

Comment

We had an incredible day today.
                        8-0
                        We beat Libya 4-0 and then Turkmanistan B 4-0
                        We are honored with white against India tomorrow.
                        We are tied for third ahead of Russia and India

Strong play from all of our players led to a wonderful day and we hope will continue with positive outcomes.

There were a number of upsets today, have a look at the website, hopefully your response time is better than ours.

Tomorrow is a double day and opening ceremonies are on Tuesday.

There is a pre-arranged tour for us on Wednesday as our off day.

The weather here has been wonderful, cool breeze, no rain and no snow :)

Everything has been organized wonderfully, with the exception , lousy internet service in the Hotel and none on site.

All the best from Burdur Turkey

Nikita Kraiouchkine
                        Konstantin Semianiuk
                        Mike Ivanov
                        Simon Gladstone
                        Gary Gladstone

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Gladstone View Post
                          We had an incredible day today.
                          8-0
                          We beat Libya 4-0 and then Turkmanistan B 4-0
                          We are honored with white against India tomorrow.
                          We are tied for third ahead of Russia and India

Strong play from all of our players led to a wonderful day and we hope will continue with positive outcomes.

Gary Gladstone

Nikita made a move which surprised me. Playing against the French he decided to exchange Queens with 13. Qf2. Is this an idea from a Grandmaster game? A common strategy? Was he trying to avoid a draw by mixing things up, or simplfying to get a draw as the team was winning? He found a way to win the resulting endgame.

Kraiouchkine, Nikita (2202) -
                          Gurbangeldi, Amangeldiyev (2004)
                          World Youth Under 16 Olympiad

1.e4 e6 2.d4 d5 3.Nc3 [3.e5 c5 4.c3 Nc6 5.Nf3 Qb6 6.a3 Nge7 7.b4 cxd4 8.cxd4 Nf5 9.Be3 Be7 10.Nbd2 Nxe3 11.fxe3 f6 12.b5 Na5 13.Bd3 f5 14.0-0 0-0 15.a4 Bd7 16.Nb3 Nxb3 17.Qxb3 Qa5 18.Rfc1 Rfc8 19.Kf2 Rc7 20.Rxc7 Qxc7 21.Ra2 Rc8 22.Rc2 Qa5 23.Ke2 Kf7 24.h3 a6 25.bxa6 Rxc2+ 26.Bxc2 Qxa6+ 27.Qd3] 3...Nf6 4.e5 Nfd7 5.f4 c5 6.Nf3 Nc6 7.Be3 a6 8.Qd2 b5 9.a3 Qb6 10.dxc5 [10.Be2 cxd4 11.Nxd4 Bc5 12.Rd1 Bb7 13.0-0 Rc8 14.Kh1 Bxd4 15.Bxd4 Qxd4 16.Qxd4 Nxd4 17.Rxd4 Ke7 18.a4] 10...Bxc5 11.Bxc5 Qxc5 12.Rd1 0-0

13.Qf2 Qxf2+ 14.Kxf2 f6 15.exf6 Nxf6 16.Bd3 Ng4+ 17.Kg3 Nf6 18.Kh4 Ne4 19.Bxe4 dxe4 20.Nd4 Ne7 21.Kg3 Rd8 22.Kf2 Rf8 23.Ke3 Ng6 24.Rhf1 e5 25.fxe5 Bg4 26.Rxf8+ Rxf8 27.Rd2 Nxe5 28.b3 Ng6 29.Nxe4 Re8 30.Nc6 Bf5 31.Rd8 Rxd8 32.Nxd8 Nh4 33.g4 Bxg4 34.Nc5 Bc8 35.Nc6 Kf7 36.Na7 Bf5 37.c3 Be6 38.b4 Nf5+ 39.Kf4 Nd6 40.Nxa6 Kf6 41.Nc7 g5+ 42.Ke3 Bc4 43.Nc6 Nf5+ 44.Ke4 Nd6+ 45.Kd4 h5 46.Nd5+ Ke6 47.Ne3 Be2 48.Kc5 Bd3 49.Nd4+ Kd7 50.Nf3 Nf7 51.Kd4 Bb1 52.c4 bxc4 53.Nxc4 Kc7 54.Nce5 Nd6 55.Nxg5 Nb5+ 56.Kc5 Nxa3 57.Ne6+ Kc8 58.Nf4 h4 59.Nf3 Be4 60.Nxh4 Kd7 61.Nhg6 Nc2 62.h4 Ke8 63.b5 Ne3 64.Kd4 Bxg6 65.Kxe3 Bf7 66.Kd4 Kd7 67.Kc5 Kc7 68.h5 Kb7 69.h6 Bg8 70.Nd5 Bh7 71.Nf6 Bd3 72.h7 Bxh7 73.Nxh7 1-0
                          Last edited by Erik Malmsten; Sunday, 28th November, 2010, 06:04 PM. Reason: trying fen

Comment

(ignore this post - Erik changed the player names which I was going to comment on).

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
                              (ignore this post - Erik changed the player names which I was going to comment on).
                              Sorry Hugh,

I was looking at other Nikita's games in your database and have posted this game from move 3. e5 c5 4.c3 into the notes.

Kraiouchkine,Nikita (1844) - Rainton,Jean-Pierre (1678) [C02]
                              Benefice Myriam Roy Varennes CAN (5), 04.12.2005

The other line 10.Be2 cxd4 is from my computer's database.

Comment

Working...
                              X