Vote for 2010 Canadian Chess Player of the Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vote for 2010 Canadian Chess Player of the Year

To vote in the Fan Ballot for 2010 Canadian Chess Player of the Year, please go to my Canadian Chess web site (http://www.canadianchess.info), check out some players and their accomplishments in 2010
    (http://www.canadianchess.info/canadi...Year.html#2010), then click on 'Contact Us' and submit the form with your choice in the 'Comments' field. Deadline for voting is 6:00am, Eastern Standard Time, Monday, December 13, 2010.

Re: Vote for 2010 Canadian Chess Player of the Year

Jason Cao should definitely win this... can't get much better than a world champion :)

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Lohner View Post
      Jason Cao should definitely win this... can't get much better than a world champion :)
      Agreed!

Happens once every...umm...24-25 years....well for Canadian chess anyway :)

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Lohner View Post
        can't get much better than a world champion :)
        carl sagan might dispute that point
        everytime it hurts, it hurts just like the first (and then you cry till there's no more tears)

Comment

Not only should Jason Cao win the Player of the Year, should not a world champion at an age be automatically inducted in to Canadian Chess Hall of Fame:)

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Hendon View Post
            Not only should Jason Cao win the Player of the Year, should not a world champion at an age be automatically inducted in to Canadian Chess Hall of Fame:)
            Sorry...I disagree on this one :)

One result does not a career make.

Larry

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Bevand View Post
              Sorry...I disagree on this one :)

One result does not a career make.
              a
              Larry
              Agreed that one result does not make a career, however world champion!
              Just wondering if Canada has had any other chess world champions in any category?

Comment

Strongly disagree. The player of the year should be one with continuous contribution and performance at high level. U10 World Championship is great and encouraging but can be also the the result of a once in a lifetime chance. I will be happy if future will prove me wrong.

Comment

Previous Canadian World Champions

Hi Lee:

1986 - U 10 Open - Jeff Sarwer - World Champion
                  1986 - U 10 Girls - Julie Sarwer - World Champion

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by David Cohen View Post
                    To vote in the Fan Ballot for 2010 Canadian Chess Player of the Year, please go to my Canadian Chess web site (http://www.canadianchess.info), check out some players and their accomplishments in 2010
                    (http://www.canadianchess.info/canadi...Year.html#2010), then click on 'Contact Us' and submit the form with your choice in the 'Comments' field. Deadline for voting is 6:00am, Eastern Standard Time, Monday, December 13, 2010.
                    Yuanling needs also to get nominated for "Chess in the library" program. That is one of the thinks that will help Canadian chess on the long run.
                    ________
                    Iolite vaporizer
                    Last edited by Andrei Botez; Monday, 9th May, 2011, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Yuanling Yuan gets my vote.

Top rated female chess player in Canada.
                      Leads our female team at the Olympiad
                      And prehaps most importantly, tirelessly promotes chess with her "Chess in the Library" programs, now running in several areas.

That's what makes her worthy for the title.

Comment

Originally posted by Garland Best View Post
                        Yuanling Yuan gets my vote.

Top rated female chess player in Canada.
                        Leads our female team at the Olympiad
                        And prehaps most importantly, tirelessly promotes chess with her "Chess in the Library" programs, now running in several areas.

That's what makes her worthy for the title.
                        I second this.

Comment

Larry Bevand gets my vote if it is for the person who did the most for chess in Canada this year. That still wouldn't make him Player of the Year. Perhaps there should be two awards, one for achievements over the board and another for chess-related achievements away from it.
                          "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom O'Donnell View Post
                            Larry Bevand gets my vote if it is for the person who did the most for chess in Canada this year. That still wouldn't make him Player of the Year. Perhaps there should be two awards, one for achievements over the board and another for chess-related achievements away from it.
                            brownnoser:) NO cao wowwow, nor yuanling chingaling. It's Bator politocos.

Comment

Originally posted by David Cohen View Post
                              The process should have some kind of Juri to select only 3-5 names, not 20.

After some thoughts I scaled down to 3 who/what made history in 2010:

Mark's wins vs Topalov (there is no luck in chess :D and N.Djukic (a game of the year
                              Jason Cao - The champion
                              Bator - the player and the abuser of the CFC rating :D

Now I'll go and create a new thread with chesstalk voting :D
                              Last edited by Egidijus Zeromskis; Tuesday, 7th December, 2010, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X