How do I get old Rated Crosstables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I get old Rated Crosstables

I'm trying to find some cross tables from the 1980's. How do I do that on the CFC website?

Re: How do I get old Rated Crosstables

1980's! Sorry John, you won't find them on the CFC website.

Some of the veteran CFC'ers will have to help with this one. Which crosstables are you looking for?
    Maybe some of our historians can help! :D

Comment

Hi Bob;

I'm looking for 1982 cross tables. Some PEEL events where I lost contact with some of the players.
      How far back do CFC archives go?

Comment

I am also looking for old lists of "all Canadians in ranked order" from around 2000. I asked around last year or so, and no one had any from back then, but maybe somebody else sees this, and had saved some. I'm ideally looking for the few where my rating was 2048.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
          I am also looking for old lists of "all Canadians in ranked order" from around 2000. I asked around last year or so, and no one had any from back then, but maybe somebody else sees this, and had saved some. I'm ideally looking for the few where my rating was 2048.

Thanks!
          Try http://victoriachess.com/cfc/ranking...1&province=CAN

The data only goes back to 1996 though.

Comment

Roger, thank you tremendously for this information! It was exactly what I have been searching, for over a decade now! If I ever make it out west, the first one's on me!

Thanks again, and best regards, Aris.

Comment

Originally posted by John Brown View Post
              I'm trying to find some cross tables from the 1980's. How do I do that on the CFC website?
              Digital rating crosstables from the 1980s were saved on 8-inch floppy disks. They were reportedly dumpstered in the mid-90s by a member of the CFC Executive. Hard copies of same also existed, fate unknown. Your best chance would be to disguise yourself as a researcher (designate yourself as the Archivist of the Brampton Chess Club, or whatever), get accreditation from the National Archives, request (well in advance) the particular "fonds" for a time when you'll be in Ottawa, ... a great chunk of the CFC Rating crosstables (the originals, as submitted by the tournament organizers and slightly marked up by the rating statistician) are in the possession of the National Archives.

Comment

Working...
              X