CFC ratings update ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CFC ratings update ?

Is the ratings update still on Wednesdays? I've been spoiled by regular-as-clockwork updates. Someone mentioned something about changing till Tuesday, or maybe it was Thursday. Hmmm...

Re: CFC ratings update ?

Hi John:

I thought there was a post on this by Bob G saying that Gerry had indicated he wanted to change it to Thursdays, but Bob G was going to instruct him to keep it on Wednesdays - that moving it to Thursdays didn't solve any of the problems Gerry was concerned about. I didn't hear anything after that, and now there is no update tonight so far ( as of 9:15 PM EST ).

Bob

Comment

... also eagerly awaiting the update ... :)

Would be awesome to have the new ratings before this weekend's event.
      http://hhchess.sa.utoronto.ca/hhopen

In case it does not get updated... old (technically current) ratings will be used.
      I have crosstables for Yuanling's Victory Park, Scarborough Falling Leaves (3), Toronto Junior and enough info about Kingston.

The only exception for which we'll be willing to manually calculate a player's projected rating will be if he/she wishes to play up a section and be waived the 'playing up' fee because the projected rating would place the player a section higher.

Alex F.

Comment

Hi Alex:

Thanks. I fit in that last category I think - the SCC tournament lifts me into the next section I think - I could use some of that $ 10 savings, for not having to pay to play up, for us to go for a beer !!

Bob

Comment

CFC delivers again, as new ratings have just been posted :)
          Making this thread a mute point, almost.

* However *

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
          Hi Alex:
          I could use some of that $ 10 savings, for not having to pay to play up, for us to go for a beer !!
          Bob
          Case and point of speaking too soon :D
          You and I, Bob, have a date... at the bar.

Alex F.

Comment

I haven't seen an update. Can you give me a tournament result that was updated recently?

Comment

A Humungus Ethical Problem

Hi Alex:

I wanted to advise that now a very knotty ethical issue arises, that rivals the great current CFC Conflict of Interest debate.

It's got to do with home renovations. My renovators may be working overtime this weekend to try to finish the job. So it is possible I'll have to cancel playing this weekend ( I'll let you know as soon as the fog lifts ! ) to be home to answer questions.

If I have to cancel, the difficult ethical issue is what happens to the beer offer ??!!!

On the one hand, I could claim I didn't save the $ 10 I was going to use for the beer, because I never got to play at all.

On the other hand, one could argue that I saved $ 40 by not playing at all.

Now I don't welch on my offers. And I may still be willing to head to the bar on my dime.

But what does everyone think - am I released from my offer to use the saved $ 10 on Alex and I at the bar?

Bob
              Last edited by Bob Armstrong; Thursday, 16th December, 2010, 02:25 AM.

Comment

CFC Mathematics

Bob, sorry to tell you,

but in CFC mathematics your bar tab with Alex is now $50 (10+40). :D

Drink up!

Comment

Originally posted by Denton Cockburn View Post
                  Can you give me a tournament result that was updated recently?
                  You go to Crosstables: http://www.chess.ca/crosstables.shtml, choose a province you are interested in and click [Submit (SQL mirror - beta)]. You'll get tournaments' titles sorted by date.
                  Last edited by Egidijus Zeromskis; Thursday, 16th December, 2010, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Re: CFC Mathematics

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
                    Bob, sorry to tell you,

but in CFC mathematics your bar tab with Alex is now $50 (10+40). :D

Drink up!
                    I'm impressed Bob G. - I didn't know Accountants knew about imaginary numbers... I guess you weren't asleep through all those math classes! :)
                    ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
                      You go to Crosstables: http://www.chess.ca/crosstables.shtml, choose a province you are interested in and click [Submit (SQL mirror - beta)]. You'll get tournaments' titles sorted by date.
                      I didn't know about this feature. Nice, Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X