Another Chess Player's Email Hacked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Chess Player's Email Hacked?

I've received a spam message from a player, rated over 2000 at the moment. The message subject is simply "Hi:". When opened, there will be a link to scam website claiming to have cheap electronics products.

I'm unsure if anyone else has received this.
    Last edited by Jesse Wang; Friday, 24th December, 2010, 10:24 PM.

Re: Another Chess Player's Email Hacked?

I got an email the other day with the same subject line from a player rated over 2000, but it was legitimate. I believe if you open the email and it's actually spam, nothing bad will happen unless you click on an attachment. But there are more knowledgeable types reading this board who can give you the correct advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse Wang View Post
      I've received a spam message from a player, rated over 2000 at the moment
      Why do you think it was hacked? (as a title asks)

It quite easy to simulate an email as it would appear coming from your friend.
      There were periods when my inbox would be filled up with spam emails from "me"and/or my domain

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Scoones View Post
        I got an email the other day with the same subject line from a player rated over 2000, but it was legitimate. I believe if you open the email and it's actually spam, nothing bad will happen unless you click on an attachment. But there are more knowledgeable types reading this board who can give you the correct advice.
        Pardon my english. It has been fixed.

Comment

Working...
        X