Ottawa Winter Open: $30 discount expiring (RA club tonight)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ottawa Winter Open: $30 discount expiring (RA club tonight)

Hi chess fans, I am pleased to report that registration numbers for the 2011 Ottawa Winter Open are still rising smoothly. We are crossing 45 players, and there are probably more registrations sitting in the mailbox at the post office, taking advantage of the December $30 triple-early discount. As that word "December" implies, this biggest discount expires before January. Therefore, if you still want to benefit from this $30 discount, please mail in your payment today or tomorrow, so that it has a postmark before January 1st. It's that simple, but also feel free to email me, giving me the heads-up to look for it in our post office mailbox by Monday or Tuesday. Registration mailing instructions are included near the end of the event details webpage, which is posted here :
    http://www.eoca.org/htm/tournaments_2010-11.html

Some visiting players are concerned about driving in case of inclement weather, but remember that even earlier in the day before the first round, you can simply defer your registration to a future Ottawa weekender (I run 5 of these a year). If that flexibility appeals to you, then might as well take the $30 off! ;)

For local players who were hoping to pay tonight, I plan to drop by the Strategy Games store after dinner, and then be at the RA chess club by about 7pm, but I would be leaving by about 8pm, as I have to be elsewhere by 830pm. Again, heads-up emails are welcome, so I can pre-check CFC/RA memberships.

The next ongoing registration list will be posted either late tonight, or sometime during the day tomorrow, including the latest mailed and RA registrations.

Happy New Year !!!

Yours in chess,

Aris Marghetis, FIDE Arbiter
    Organizer/TD, EOCA President
    arismarghetis at rogers dot com

Please note that we are looking for up to 5 floater players :
    - floater players help the TD guarantee no “forced byes”
    - floater players are paired and rated like all the players
    - floater players play for free, but under some conditions :
    ----- they play in 0 to 5 rounds, depending on byes by all the players
    ----- they can be phoned/texted in the hour before every single round
    ----- they have a current CFC membership by the time of first pairings
    If you are interested in being a floater player for this event, please apply by email

--------- original event announcement ---------

The Eastern Ontario Chess Association (EOCA) organizes the EOCA Grand Prix, a series of weekend tournaments over the 2010-2011 chess season.

The next EOCA event in Ottawa is the Ottawa Winter Open, set for January 14th-16th. It will consist of 5 rounds, with flexible bye and discount options.

We are planning 5 sections (rated CFC, upper sections also rated FIDE), and prizes for every 200 rating points (last 3 Ottawa events averaged >$2700!)

For more details on this event, and a great webpage for all of the events in the 2010-2011 EOCA Grand Prix, please consider bookmarking this weblink :
Working...
X