Grassroots' Campaign - " Gang of 4 " Targets CFC Fees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Grassroots' Campaign - " Gang of 4 " Targets CFC Fees

good, I hope they stall this proposal until it dies of old age.
    Last edited by Jason Lohner; Monday, 29th September, 2008, 11:36 PM. Reason: bad spelling :)

Comment

Hi Jason:

I knew this situation would make some people happy - doesn't make us happy though. And democracy is being hijacked here. Happens to us, it could happen to you one day.

Bob

Comment

Grassroots' Campaign Motions on CFC Fees Go to Vote !

Good news ! :):)

GL # 2 is now in the hands of the Governors, and Governor Ken Craft has confirmed that the 3 Grassroots' Campaign motions on CFC fees are included for voting ( initially for " first discussion " ).

Credits to the Executive for accepting the " common sense " solution to the impasse of the July CFC AGM motion on CFC fees and the unupdated CFC Handbook. The relevant Handbook sections can be updated later, with the whole Handbook updating, using the motion, either amended or unamended, depending on what happens.

It's now up to the Governors.

Bob

Comment

thats great news...
          now lets hope that the governors have a clue and reject it so we can put an end to these idiotic ideas.

Comment

My guess is that the Annual Meeting will be rescinded and the three grassroots motions will be defeated leaving us with the status quo ante bellum. I think a new fee structure will be adopted prior to the next Annual meeting and designed to provide the revenue strem necessary to meet the 2009-10 budgwt. YMMV.

Comment

Hi Ken:

Love your optimism !!

The three motions are controversial. But I think they move things forward, both on the financial, and member participation, fronts. I guess we'll see how effective your own lobbying will be. We're trying to get our governor supporters lined up.

Bob

Comment

I have no intentions of lobbying on this one. I'm simply stating how I think the vote will go down. YMMV...

Comment

Working...
                X