Cpscc 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cpscc 2011

sorry guys, didn't mean to cause soo much confusion! of course i meant Western! Mike, nice try :)

Also I'm digging the 50/50 split for Queens/Western with Abraham Airlines ONLY IF we get a nice in flight meal and refreshments, it's a private plane and they have bughouse boards available. We could host the first annual Bughoush CPSCC. The winner would get to fly Abraham Airlines for free for life.

Comment

Unless Wonder Woman is flying it, I don't trust invisible planes. Abrahams may be a classy guy, but he simply doesn't have the same skill set as Ferreira's favourite superhero.

Comment

Re: Bughouse/Airlines-- The last time I was involved in bughouse with the U of T team at an airport, we were waiting for a connecting flight in... where? Cincinnati?... and making loud nuisances of ourselves playing bughouse on the floor by the departure gate. All was well until the panel of a fluorescent light crashed to the floor nearby, sending airport personnel scurrying in all directions! We still claim not to have had anything to do with it. Anybody else remember that? Rob at any rate was not present, and cannot take the blame.

Comment

KAI'S CAMERA WORK

The man himself

U of T B vs. U Ottawa - R. Kleinman demonstrating what he's learned from Zoolander

U. Waterloo vs. U. Guelph - Here, we see Waterloo en route to a 3.5-0.5 result in the first round

A. Todd demonstrates an air of nonchalance, whilst her compatriots seem to be experiencing some difficulties. Meanwhile, in the background, Alex F. pretends to be thinking.

Comment

The Arbiter, Hal Bond, in deep concentration, trying to ignore the constant presence of a fly on the wall

The Queen's Cup - returned!

Organizer, Neal Pan, mid-embrace?

The calm before the lunch break ends

Comment

Neal Pan takes a break between moves to cast a sense of foreboding across the playing hall

Waterloo B vs. Waterloo C - a key match up in the B Section

Waterloo vs. Western - an upset victory for Waterloo, which contributed a great deal to their overall finish in the tournament

A crowd gathers to observe B. Cheng vs. S. Thavandiran - one of the last games to end in this tournament
              Last edited by Michael von Keitz; Friday, 21st January, 2011, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Waterloo A and Waterloo B Group Shot - The hosts made a clean sweep, taking both the A and B Sections convincingly (not to mention a number of board prizes)
                Last edited by Michael von Keitz; Friday, 21st January, 2011, 06:10 PM.

Comment

I'm glad I'm graduating this year, so that I don't have to deal with the pressures of organizing a tournament at Western. :D

Does anyone know where the rest of the photos taken at the event can be found?

Comment

Working...
                  X