IM Lawrence Day Talks for 3 1/2 Hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IM Lawrence Day Talks for 3 1/2 Hours

All who attended the I M Lawrence Day lecture were glued to their seats for 3 1/2 hours.

Mr. Day gave us the History behind the BIG CLAMP a variation against the Sicilian Defense from both the White and Black side.

He allowed the audience to get involved in the analysis and even took time
    to go over two openings from the current Tata Steel Tournament in Holland.

He made time to autograph copies of Nick's Best.

We had internet access to the Tata Tournament before and after the lecture.

The final 1/2 hour was dedicated to answering questions about his Olympiad experiences and chess tournaments in Canada and Europe.

He is truly an Icon in Canadian Chess.

Our next lecture Presented by PEEL CHESS CLUB is

FM Hans Jung on FIGHTING CHESS at the Strategy Games Store ( in the basement)
    701 Mt. Pleasant Road ( South of Eglinton ) @ 1:00 p.m. Jan.29, 2011

Cost is $20.00 per person Seating is Limited.

I'll be at Store from 10:30 am - 11:30 am and 12:15 pm.
    on Sat . Jan 29, 2011 to take sign ups . The Store staff cannot take your payment.
    Seating will start at 12:45 pm.

Re: IM Lawrence Day Talks for 3 1/2 Hours

Hi John,
    Wow! That's looking very promising, John! Who is going to be next lecturer after FM Hans Jung in the nearest future?

Best wishes,

Caesar

Comment

I attended the lecture just to hear Lawrence entertain the spectators - he is always interesting. Ben Daswani's game received good treatment and Ben got compliments. These opportunities need good organisers. Thanks John for giving me the opportunity to hear Lawrence speak.

Comment

Hi Caesar;
        I thought I'd let you give it a go. Are you interested?
        Seriously I had only the two Gentlemen in mind when I decided to Present the lectures.
        I may do some more Lectures in the future but right now I'm keying up for the PEEL INVITATIONAL 50th that will be held in March.
        Anyone who played in PEEL INVITATIONALS 1- 49 are eligible to play in PEEL 50th.

Comment

Originally posted by John Brown View Post
          Hi Caesar;
          I thought I'd let you give it a go. Are you interested?
          Seriously I had only the two Gentlemen in mind when I decided to Present the lectures.
          I may do some more Lectures in the future but right now I'm keying up for the PEEL INVITATIONAL 50th that will be held in March.
          Anyone who played in PEEL INVITATIONALS 1- 49 are eligible to play in PEEL 50th.
          Hi John,
          Answering your question, I say no. I asked you that question only from a spectator's point of view. I've spend thousands of dollars for my Polonia Chess club in the past (with no much appreciation from the community). You have to pay those guys for those lectures. And ... you want me to pay futher for such things? I understand they are professionals! Nothing is free.

Comment

Hi Caesar I meant would you like to do my next lecture you'd be the one getting paid. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by John Brown View Post
              Hi Caesar I meant would you like to do my next lecture you'd be the one getting paid. :-)
              I wouldn't, John. I'm not qualified to do that. I'm still a chess amateur with no much time to sacrifice for ... that.

Comment

Working...
              X