The Complete c3 Sicilian-Sveshnikov(574pp)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Complete c3 Sicilian-Sveshnikov(574pp)

This nice book just arrived in the post. It's truly a whopper!

Part I(2...d5 and other lines)
    ch1-Historical overview
    ch2-Basic plans and ideas
    ch3-The typical endgame with the queenside majority
    ch4-Important games by variation(121 games)
    ch5-Exercises(62 positions)
    ch6-Conclusion to part I

Part II(2...Nf6)
    ch7-Historical overview
    ch8-Basic plans and ideas
    ch9-Important games by variation(175 games)
    ch10-Exercises(58 positions)
    ch11-Conclusion to part I
    Index of games/fragments by player
    Index by variation

The games include Bluvstein-Charbonneau Montreal 2002. The variations index is very general and not so useful. The games are sorted by variation and are mainly Sveshnikov's games for explaining.

This book is truly staggering in size(574pp). You really have to hold it in your hands to appreciate it. The best part of the book is the summary of plans and ideas and the exercises. The conclusions are also quite detailed.

I don't play 1.e4 or the Sicilian but I think there's alot of value to be had from going through this book. Well when I first saw the book I picked it up and it said 'Buy me!' so I put it down and procrastinated,...then I ordered it a bit later.

My overall first impression is that this book is very hard not to like but will take quite a bit of effort to assimilate the material. I'm pretty sure there are less trees on the planet and the postman doesn't like me too.

Michael Yip

Re: The Complete c3 Sicilian-Sveshnikov(574pp)

Originally posted by Michael Yip View Post
    This nice book just arrived in the post. It's truly a whopper!

Part I(2...d5 and other lines)
    ch1-Historical overview
    ch2-Basic plans and ideas
    ch3-The typical endgame with the queenside majority
    ch4-Important games by variation(121 games)
    ch5-Exercises(62 positions)
    ch6-Conclusion to part I

Part II(2...Nf6)
    ch7-Historical overview
    ch8-Basic plans and ideas
    ch9-Important games by variation(175 games)
    ch10-Exercises(58 positions)
    ch11-Conclusion to part I
    Index of games/fragments by player
    Index by variation

The games include Bluvstein-Charbonneau Montreal 2002. The variations index is very general and not so useful. The games are sorted by variation and are mainly Sveshnikov's games for explaining.

This book is truly staggering in size(574pp). You really have to hold it in your hands to appreciate it. The best part of the book is the summary of plans and ideas and the exercises. The conclusions are also quite detailed.

I don't play 1.e4 or the Sicilian but I think there's alot of value to be had from going through this book. Well when I first saw the book I picked it up and it said 'Buy me!' so I put it down and procrastinated,...then I ordered it a bit later.

My overall first impression is that this book is very hard not to like but will take quite a bit of effort to assimilate the material. I'm pretty sure there are less trees on the planet and the postman doesn't like me too.

Michael Yip

The book is available from Strategy Games, sponsors of this site:

http://strategygames.ca/boutique/sto...N&code=OSIA113

Comment

Working...
    X