backlash re number of sections at Ottawa events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• backlash re number of sections at Ottawa events

At the risk of boring to tears anyone who does not care about this subject, over the last 24 hours, I have been hearing from the previously silent majority, that there is great preference for many sections, with big prizes per section where the winner(s) is(are) obvious by the end of the 5 rounds, having bested the players closest to them in rating.

The email experience today has confirmed my original gut instincts were decent. As Kevin wisely said, if it isn't broke, don't try to fix it. I have been guilty of that this week, and also of trying to please too many divergent opinions. I should have reminded myself about how, over the last few years, it always comes back to pleasing the regular players who keep returning for more chess fun. I apologize for the interlude this week re number of sections.

In just a little bit this evening, I need to head out to the RA chess club to take more registrations for the Ottawa Spring Open, but between now and then, I will go back and edit the event announcement post here on ChessTalk, and send a revised event details page to the EOCA webmaster, who is usually wonderfully quick in posting such stuff.

It has been less than 30 hours since the 2-section announcement was posted here on ChessTalk. If anyone out there has already mailed their payment really only because they prefer the 2-section structure, please email me immediately (before your mail gets here), and I can understandably mail your cheque back rather than deposit it. Sorry about that.

Some of the emails I received were perhaps pointed, but they were all considerate, and none crossed the line of impoliteness. I appreciate that very much, and also that so many people took the time and effort to write. In an age where few vote, that was priceless! ;)
Working...
X