9 years worth of Strategy Games receipts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9 years worth of Strategy Games receipts

I recently filed 9 income tax returns (1999-2007) and in the process sorted out all my receipts for those years.

When I showed my Strategy Games receipts to the lady helping me file my tax returns she gave me a blank stare :o

In 24 invoices dating back to 1999 I've spent... $2,521.86 at Strategy Games

Despite not having any use for these receipts I still got 9 fat ones back from our wonderful government :D

Re: 9 years worth of Strategy Games receipts

Just wondering....what relevance would Strategy Games receipts have to do with income tax returns - unless they were for business expenses (e.g. a chess school or camp)? Also - don't they charge you interest on tax returns filed late?

Comment

they charge you interest if you owe them, not if they owe you but they won't pay you interest either & rightly so I would say if you haven't filed for 9 years, chess & math could be a business expense if you are claiming income from chess instruction etc. but it would have to have earned more than you spent on expenses, at least eventually, you can't run a loss forever & still expect a write off

Comment

I was just being funny... I had a huge box full of receipts in my closet from all sorts of places including physiotherapy, prescriptions, etc. and the Strategy Games receipts (which I have since tabulated and added up since there were so many and I was curious to see how much I'd spent there).

As Zeljko pointed out you only pay interest if you owe them. I actually got a "notification" in the mail saying I had to file a return for 2006 and I thought to myself "well you owe me for 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, and 2007 so sure, I'll file!!" As it turned out I didn't owe them for 2006, they owed ME, so they really screwed themselves HAHAHA :p

P.S. I filed 1997 and 1998 in 2003.

Comment

Actually from all 24 Strategy Games invoices there was 1 I could have used for business expenses, dope!

From 2002: A Demonstration Bd. (3" squares) costing $103.45 after taxes I had to buy in order to teach for Chess n' Math. Oh well. :(

Comment

Working...
          X