looking to "hire" Ottawa hosts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking to "hire" Ottawa hosts

Hi there, as you might have already noticed from previous posts, I would like to try a new idea for Ottawa weekend tournaments. In a nutshell, the idea is for Ottawa people to offer a bed-n-breakfast deal to players travelling in to Ottawa. From a quick survey I ran on ChessTalk during the last week, there was very strong support for a standard rate of $30 per night per player. It would probably be more fun to offer to host if you are also playing in the tournament, but this is open to any chess person/family in the greater Ottawa area.

The way it will work is that I will compile a list of email addresses of people who might be interested in hosting. When a travelling player indicates to me that they are looking for a host, I will send the info on the travelling player to my list of potential hosts (BCC email).

Any potential host can either ignore that email, or contact the travelling player directly.

Let's try this for the Ottawa Spring Open in early March. The first step is for any potential hosts to send me their email address, which I will of course always keep confidential from my end. I figure I should line up at least half-a-dozen potential hosts before I encourage potential travelling players to apply for a chess bed-n-breakfast, so please offer ASAP! ;)

FA Aris Marghetis, Organizer/TD
    Ottawa weekender tournaments
Working...
X