Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aeroflot A: Round 2 Wednesday

Pairings are up for round 2.

Thomas with 1/2 is paired with Black against Russian GM Ildar Khairullin (2645). I don't think I've heard of this fellow before.

Mark with 0 is paired with Russian WGM Natalija Pogonina (2472), whose popular website I've visited quite a few times.

I followed parts of the games today on the Aeroflot site. It got a bit slow around 10am EST. If they only feature the top 36 boards again tomorrow, we'll miss Mark's game, as they're on board 40.

ChessBomb also has the live games, but I can't access that site from my "daytime" network. Pretend I didn't mention that. :o

Re: Aeroflot A: Round 2 Wednesday

Originally posted by Fred McKim View Post
    Pairings are up for round 2.

Thomas with 1/2 is paired with Black against Russian GM Ildar Khairullin (2645). I don't think I've heard of this fellow before.

Mark with 0 is paired with Russian WGM Natalija Pogonina (2472), whose popular website I've visited quite a few times.

I followed parts of the games today on the Aeroflot site. It got a bit slow around 10am EST. If they only feature the top 36 boards again tomorrow, we'll miss Mark's game, as they're on board 40.

ChessBomb also has the live games, but I can't access that site from my "daytime" network. Pretend I didn't mention that. :o
    Thanks for bringing this info to Chesstalk Fred!

It looks like Thomas lost and Mark won in round 2. I went to Mark's blog today. He is wisely focussed on his tournament, instead of his blog :)

Mark did mention a blog of which I was not aware from blogger, Jon Ludvig Hammer,

"I am an international chess grandmaster hailing from the great chess nation to-be, Norway"

Take a look:

http://gmhammer.wordpress.com/blog/

Comment

Working...
    X