World Junior-New Delhi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Junior-New Delhi

I can help arrange an IM or GM to be the coach and guide for the Canadian Junior Team in India. He/She will pick up the players from the airport , stay with them in New Delhi. Coach them through out the tournament and then drop them to the airport. This way parents do not have to go.
    Continental Air takes unaccompanied kids to New-Delhi. Cost during the holidays is approx. $1800-$2000 per person round trip.

Before I approach anyone in India, I was wondering how many would be interested in something like this? You can reply to my post or email me at kalra dot sanjiv at gmail dot com.

Re: World Junior Championship (New Delhi ) - Open?

Hi Sanjiv:

I thought there was some debate about whether Canada would allow more than just the Canadian Junior Winner to enter the World Junior in India, under the Canadian Federation flag.

Is the World Junior an Open tournament that anyone can go in? Do you just need a letter of your home country federation, that you are " AN official " representative " of your home country, though not " THE Official Representative ", who will be the Canadian Junior Champion?

Bob

Comment

Re: World Junior Championship (New Delhi ) - Open?

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
      Hi Sanjiv:

I thought there was some debate about whether Canada would allow more than just the Canadian Junior Winner to enter the World Junior in India, under the Canadian Federation flag.

Is the World Junior an Open tournament that anyone can go in? Do you just need a letter of your home country federation, that you are " AN official " representative " of your home country, though not " THE Official Representative ", who will be the Canadian Junior Champion?

Bob
      I thought that anyone who participates in the National Junior can participate in the World but will not be the official rep. The winner of the National will be the official rep. I thought there can be more than one player from each country who can participate in WJ. But I could be wrong.

All I was trying to say is that if a group of players are going for the WJ event, I can volunteer to help organize their trip there.
      Last edited by Sanjiv Kalra; Tuesday, 8th February, 2011, 04:29 PM. Reason: Clarify

Comment

Re: World Junior Championship (New Delhi ) - Can. Reps?

[QUOTE=Sanjiv Kalra;33943]I thought that anyone who participates in the National Junior can participate in the World but will not be the official rep. The winner of the National will be the official rep. I thought there can be more than one player from each country who can participate in WJ. But I could be wrong.[QUOTE]

Hi Sanjiv:

No, it seems you are right. Here is the Feb. 7 post from President Bob G to you on another thread:

" Upon reflection and consultation, we should expect Agastya to at least play in our national junior championship in Mississauga to be eligible to play in the world championship in India. That would be in keeping with the spirit of the regulations we passed regarding playing in the CYCC to be eligible to play in the WYCC. "

As long as a junior plays in the Canadian Junior Championship, it appears Canada will endorse his/her playing in the WJCC, in addition to the Junior Champion. So potentially, Canada could have a number of our top juniors playing in the World Junior in India. This would be great - our juniors are fast-improving, and international exposure can only help them develop.

In fact this happened in 2010, when the 2009 Can. Junior Champion, IM Raja Panjwani, and the 2010 Can. Junior Champion, FM Shiyam Thavandiran, both played in the same year in the World Junior CC.

Bob
        Last edited by Bob Armstrong; Tuesday, 8th February, 2011, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X