2011 Calgary International

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Calgary International

The Calgary Chess Club held a meeting tonight and approved a budget for the Calgary International. Dates will be May 19-23 and the format for the
    international section will be a 10 player round robin, IM norms will be
    guaranteed. If fundraising goes well, it may be upgraded to GM norm.
    Other details will be available in the coming days. There will be several side events during the 5 days as well as Sunday Active Fundraisers every few weeks until the main event. We will keep you posted.

Re: 2011 Calgary International

Originally posted by Tony Ficzere View Post
    The Calgary Chess Club held a meeting tonight and approved a budget for the Calgary International. Dates will be May 19-23 and the format for the
    international section will be a 10 player round robin, IM norms will be
    guaranteed. If fundraising goes well, it may be upgraded to GM norm.
    Other details will be available in the coming days. There will be several side events during the 5 days as well as Sunday Active Fundraisers every few weeks until the main event. We will keep you posted.
    Hi Tony,

As I expressed to you in a private e-mail, I would really like you to reconsider the dates for this event. Our Western provinces (actually all our provinces LOL) need their top players to participate in the Canadian Chess Challenge (CCC). If I am a talented junior who has a choice between your incredible event and the CCC...although I would love to help my province do well...at the end of the day...the temptation of your event is too great. If I am a talented junior who can play in both events...I am even happier :)

Let's play on the same team!

AND PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN :)

Thanks again,

Larry

Comment

Working...
    X