Rep power??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rep power??

What is the rep power counter (underneath the post count) and what does it mean?
    Brick walls hurt, but are effective for banging against repeatedly. For future reference, cardboard walls are fun too :)

Re: Rep power??

Originally posted by Alex Devine View Post
    What is the rep power counter (underneath the post count) and what does it mean?
    If someone likes your posts, they click on the little tree icon underneath that says "add to poster's reputation" or something. Every time someone does this, your "rep power" goes up. So, its basically just an indicator of how many people like your posts.

Comment

Re: Rep power??

I wonder if disapproving of someone's post causes that person's rep to go down... and if so, can it go below zero? (probably not)
      [edit: Yes it can. The "FAQ" option reveals that and a lot more]

I used to think the 'reputation' of a chesstalk member had to do with how chesstalk moderator(s) felt about an individual members' posts, or whether they had recently been banned. Just checking 'reputation' by mousing on someone's little green rep box, while looking under the "Members" option (which shows when a member last visited if applicable), one gets odd little messages, something like 'So & so is on a distinguished path' or 'So & so is an unknown quantity' (the latter I guess refers to those with a low or zero rep number).
      Last edited by Kevin Pacey; Sunday, 13th February, 2011, 10:27 PM.
      Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
      Murphy's law, by Edward A. Murphy Jr., USAF, Aerospace Engineer

Comment

Working...
      X