Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toronto Youth Championship

FYI:
    Toronto Youth Championship (Qualifiers for 2011 Canadian Youth Chess Championship) on March 13th organized by The Knights of Chess School

Details at http://sites.google.com/site/theknig...s-championship

Re: Toronto Youth Championship

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
    FYI:
    Toronto Youth Championship (Qualifiers for 2011 Canadian Youth Chess Championship) on March 13th organized by The Knights of Chess School

Details at http://sites.google.com/site/theknig...s-championship
    To those who already be pre-qualified, Can they participate in this tournament for trying to get free-entry to CYCC in July? I heard of there will be NO OYCC this year.

Thanks

Comment

Re: Toronto Youth Championship

Originally posted by Robert Song View Post
      To those who already be pre-qualified, Can they participate in this tournament for trying to get free-entry to CYCC in July? I heard of there will be NO OYCC this year.

Thanks
      ???
      WHO is saying there is no OYCC this year???!!

Subject to ironing out some last minute scheduling conflicts, the OYCC WILL be held in Kitchener on the weekend of May 28/29.

Along with being the official Ontario Youth Championships, this will also be both a qualifier AND a bursary event.
      ~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
      Patrick McDonald

:D********;)

Comment

OYCC - A Great Tournament !

Hi Patrick:

Good luck with the OYCC. It is the most important of the Ontario YCC's.

Winning the title of Ontario Champion for an age group is an accomplishment - there are many strong juniors in Ontario, and no group will be easy.

I hope numbers of youth will come out. Even one's who have already qualified through another YCC should consider it - you might become Ontario Champion AND get some bursary $$ towards expenses for your trip to Richmond Hill in July to the CYCC.

Bob
        Last edited by Bob Armstrong; Tuesday, 15th February, 2011, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Re: OYCC - A Great Tournament !

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
          Hi Patrick:

Good luck with the OYCC. It is the most important of the Ontario YCC's.

Winning the title of Ontario Champion for an age group is an accomplishment - there are many strong juniors in Ontario, and no group will be easy.

I hope numbers of youth will come out. Even one's who have already qualified through another YCC should consider it - you might become Ontario Champion AND get some bursary $$ towards expenses for your trip to Richmond Hill in July to the CYCC.

Bob
          I agree with Bob, OYCC is so great event to participate with enough strength and competition. When somobody told me there will be no OYCC this year, I was kind of sad.

So, my apology, Patrick. Please update the OYCC schedule to CFC website if it has not been done so.

Robert

Comment

Working...
          X