Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chess is Awesome

Chess is Awesome

Why play chess? Why teach chess? Why sponsor chess? Watch the new 90 second video Chess is Awesome starring Ted Winick, President, Chess Institute of Canada; and friends Theadora, Joseph and Mary.

http://www.chessinstitute.ca (left side of screen, scroll down)

Executive Producer and Script: Ted Winick; Consultant: David Cohen; Director of Photography: Carlos Esteves. Copyright 2011 by Chess Institute of Canada.

Re: Chess is Awesome

Very nice, David, and congratulations to all involved. Nice to see some Canadians involved in chess who know how to 'get their act together.'
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
    "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Excellent video. Very professional, good message.

Thanks Ted and David. :)

Comment

awesome video

Comment

That video was great. Ted and the kids did a really good job explaining things in 90 seconds! Nice work by David and Carlos too.

Comment

Thanks all... Bob Armstrong's SCTCNV March 1 issue will have an article on how the video was made.

David

Comment

Great video!!! As a Senior Instructor at Chess & Math -for longer than I can remember-I love teaching kids the game and life serving principles.For instance on some lessons I teach" Proper Sportmanship", " winning by losing","good behaviour" and so many other principles.Learn and enjoy the game yes,but as Ted says seeing the kids grow from pawns to Bishops,Rooks,Queens and Kings is what Chess is about.....

Comment

Great work! Professional and sweet!

Comment

Being a child, this video was very inspiring. Thank you David!

Comment

Excellent video!

What's great too is that it is both short and sweet. :)
                    Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
                    Murphy's law, by Edward A. Murphy Jr., USAF, Aerospace Engineer

Comment

This video is superb. I can't wait to draw the attention of school administrators to it to help promote the inclusion of chess in classroom programming. Congrats to all involved!

Comment

[QUOTE=David Cohen;34389]Excellent work!

Congrats Ted and the gang!

Comment

[QUOTE=Larry Bevand;34486]
                          Originally posted by David Cohen View Post
                          Excellent work!

Congrats Ted and the gang!
                          I see that FIDE is posting scholastic chess videos on their site.

Vladimir Birarov, CIS Project Coordinator for Chess Federation of Canada [CFC], has posted this video...

and today Chess-in-the Schools (NYC) has posted their video which won 2nd prize in a competition...you can see that one at:

http://cis.fide.com/en/videos/110-ch...-york-city-usa

Comment

Wow!!! What a day!!! Privates,2 chess classes at Chess ' N Math Chess Studio,plus marking exams plus preparing for 12 classes,plus helping my daughter moving to her first house and lest I forget the Oscars coming up- I loved The King's Speech. With OVER 150 students weekly I teach and Coach, you MUST love what you are doing.Teaching LIFE lessons is an important part what I do.Today was particularly busy with parents asking advice re their students progress and counsel.Only thing I missed today was my DAILY gym workout-it is awesome-not many could do it-.although moving my daughter's 150 boxes was a workout!!!Oh yes,I didn't sell a house today....Chess is what you make it and I have found over 20 years teaching it is endless....

Comment

Working...
                            X