Chess in the Library Now in Alberta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chess in the Library Now in Alberta

Since the very beginning of starting up this organization, my goal was to open up a CITL location in every province of our beloved nation. It was only a few weeks ago that the executive board had decided to work on spreading the program to Alberta and Quebec this year and yet, 50% of our national goal has already been completed!

Thanks to the Calgary Junior Chess Club, the Chess in the Library program will host its debut session in Alberta very soon! Here's the info:

Country Hills Library

11950 Country Village Link NE
    Calgary, AB
    T3K 6E3
    403-260-2600

Open from 1:30 to 4:30 on Saturdays, on the following dates: Feb 26, March 26, April 23, May 21, June 25, July 16, August 27

You may find this info as well as a full list of our other locations in Toronto, Ottawa and Victoria at our website: www.chessinthelibrary.com

So if you live in Calgary and needs a venue to play chess, then come on down to the Country Hills Library on Saturday Feb 26th for some chess lessons and mini-tournaments!

A big shout out to Simon Ong, NM Roy Yearwood, Angelo Tolentino and Richard Canal for taking this initiative to promote chess in Canada! :)

I never gave up on chess in this country and I never will. The people that volunteered or supported this program had faith in us because it is true that our program has been expanding at a rapid speed since June 2009. The process doesn't slow down - it speeds up. The feeling of being able to inspire others to do the same is just incredible. Thus, I truly believe that one day, chess in Canada will become just as popular as it was back in the old days, when local tournaments attracted hundreds of people. On behalf of the executive board, I thank everyone who has supported us and believed in us. I hope that you will all continue to support Chess in the Library! :D
Working...
X