Hal Bond to be arbiter at the Kramnik-Anand WC match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hal Bond to be arbiter at the Kramnik-Anand WC match

I searched the message board of Chesstalk, however I was unable to find a posted message dealing with the fact that Canada's Hal Bond will be an arbiter at the upcoming Kramnik-Anand World Chess Championship match. I found out this information at the ChessVibes.com website. Congratulations to Hal for being appointed to this position. The appointment is well deserved :)

One rather controversial fact which has been posted in the same message regarding Hal Bond's appointment as arbiter, is that
    Former FIDE President Florencio Campomanes of the Phillipines has been appointed as one of the members of the appeals committee for this World Chess Championship match. :(

Source:http://www.chessvibes.com/coverstory...kets-are-sold/

Don't forget CFC website news for breaking news !

This was a breaking news item on the CFC website news on May 16, 2008.

Another scoop for the CFC !!!!

Comment

Re: Hal Bond to be arbiter at the Kramnik-Anand WC match

I agree.

Hal deserves this position!

Congrats!

Larry

Originally posted by Wayne Mendryk View Post
      I searched the message board of Chesstalk, however I was unable to find a posted message dealing with the fact that Canada's Hal Bond will be an arbiter at the upcoming Kramnik-Anand World Chess Championship match. I found out this information at the ChessVibes.com website. Congratulations to Hal for being appointed to this position. The appointment is well deserved :)

One rather controversial fact which has been posted in the same message regarding Hal Bond's appointment as arbiter, is that
      Former FIDE President Florencio Campomanes of the Phillipines has been appointed as one of the members of the appeals committee for this World Chess Championship match. :(

Source:http://www.chessvibes.com/coverstory...kets-are-sold/

Comment

Way to go, Hal! Don't drink the water. :)
        "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
        "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
        "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Thanks for the advice Peter. Hmmm. Germany during Oktoberfest...

Comment

Congratulations Hal.
            Lynn

Comment

Hurray Hal!

Comment

Working...
              X