Norm Opportunity at the Sponge Towels Quebec Open 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norm Opportunity at the Sponge Towels Quebec Open 2011

As it did last year, the FQE is opening a few spots in the Invitation section of the Sponge Towels Quebec Open for norm seeking members of the CFC. The cost to participate in this section will be 95$. The invitation section has 7 GM confirmed and the best players from Québec will also participate. Interested players should contact Richard Bérubé at dirgen@fqechecs.qc.ca before April 15. The FQE remains the sole decider of the players who will benefit from this opportunity.

Re: Norm Opportunity at the Sponge Towels Quebec Open 2011

Hi Marc, I tried messaging you through ChessTalk, but I don't know if that got to you.

Please send me a blank email : arismarghetis at rogers dot com - Merci, et bien a vous.

Comment

Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
      Hi Marc, I tried messaging you through ChessTalk, but I don't know if that got to you.

Please send me a blank email : arismarghetis at rogers dot com - Merci, et bien a vous.
      Hi again, would anyone reading this happen to have an email address for Marc? Please either email it to me, or if you prefer, please email him with my email address, thanks :

arismarghetis at rogers dot com

Comment

Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
        Hi again, would anyone reading this happen to have an email address for Marc? Please either email it to me, or if you prefer, please email him with my email address, thanks :

arismarghetis at rogers dot com
        Have you tried contacting Richard Bérubé at dirgen@fqechecs.qc.ca (as mentioned in Marc's post that started this thread?) ... I'm thinking that Richard may know how to contact Marc......

(the only email contact info that I could find on the FQE site is: info@fqechecs.qc.ca - perhaps it is also worth sending an inquiry there if you haven't already done so...)

Maybe Marc has a Facebook page? lol
        ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Poulin View Post
          As it did last year, the FQE is opening a few spots in the Invitation section of the Sponge Towels Quebec Open for norm seeking members of the CFC. The cost to participate in this section will be 95$. The invitation section has 7 GM confirmed and the best players from Québec will also participate. Interested players should contact Richard Bérubé at dirgen@fqechecs.qc.ca before April 15. The FQE remains the sole decider of the players who will benefit from this opportunity.
          Couple of questions:
          What is date of the tournament?
          What is minimum rating requirement in the invitation section?
          Both IM/GM Norms possibility?

Thanks

Comment

Sorry for the delay but I was in vacations

Tournament dates: July 23 to July 30

http://www.fqechecs.qc.ca/coq/coq2011-revue196.pdf

There is no minimum rating requirement per se, the FQE will make a selection of CFC players between the ones that have signaled their intention to participate.
            Be aware that all FQE players with a rating of 2250+ have been invited.

Yes both GM and IM norms are possible.

Comment

Interesting feature of the Quebec Open this year:

You can enter a "mini" Quebec Open of 4 rounds for $30. Games will be played during the first 3 rounds, with an additonal game on Saturday night. Prizes will be $300,200,100.

You then have the option of a "rebuy" into the main event's 4th round - pay the regular entry fee (no late fee), and retain your scores from the "mini" - less the Saturday night game.

Comment

The FQE has decided to extend the delay until May 1st. Interested players should contact Richard Bérubé at dirgen@fqechecs.qc.ca.

Comment

Working...
                X