Important Zonal Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Important Zonal Update

We have caught a break with the Canadian Closed which I hope is in sufficient time to preclude any scheduling conflicts. Our venue has become available on Friday, May 6. This date was previously scheduled for the players meeting only. We can now provide 3 single round days and still finish on Wednesday May 11.

The revised schedule is as follows:

Players' meeting:m Friday May 6, 5pm
    >
    > Game 1: 6pm Friday May 6
    > Games 2& 3: 10am and 4pm Saturday May 7
    > Games 4&5 10am and 4pm Sunday May 8
    > Game 6: 1pm on Monday May 9
    > Game 7& 8: 10am and 4pm on Tuesday May 10
    > Game 9 1pm Wednesday May 11 followed by tie breaks.
    The entry fee remains the same at $250. Eligible players please forward entries to:

Hal Bond
    #205-105 Conroy Crescent
    Guelph ON
    N1G 2V5

Re: Important Zonal Update

Hi Hal,

I actually prefer the previous compact schedule (10am/4pm x 4 days + wed 10am). The reason being I rather work than taking days off playing chess. I know the top players want a proper Zonal and its too late to change, so maybe this is something to keep in mind for future. I will play regardless, see you there!

Comment

Originally posted by Hal Bond View Post
      We have caught a break with the Canadian Closed which I hope is in sufficient time to preclude any scheduling conflicts. Our venue has become available on Friday, May 6. This date was previously scheduled for the players meeting only. We can now provide 3 single round days and still finish on Wednesday May 11.

The revised schedule is as follows:

Players' meeting:m Friday May 6, 5pm
      >
      > Game 1: 6pm Friday May 6
      > Games 2& 3: 10am and 4pm Saturday May 7
      > Games 4&5 10am and 4pm Sunday May 8
      > Game 6: 1pm on Monday May 9
      > Game 7& 8: 10am and 4pm on Tuesday May 10
      > Game 9 1pm Wednesday May 11 followed by tie breaks.
      The entry fee remains the same at $250. Eligible players please forward entries to: ...
      Is there a list of players already registered?
      ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Hi Kerry ;

See post on Sambuev playing.

Bob

Comment

This is the current schedule of the Canadian Closed afaik - first round Friday May 6, 2011 (be there by 5pm), Saturday, Sunday, and Tuesday are 2 game days (10am and 4pm) and Monday 1pm as well as Wednesday. The reason Im posting is there are other previous schedules out there that might confuse participants.

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
            This is the current schedule of the Canadian Closed afaik - first round Friday May 6, 2011 (be there by 5pm), Saturday, Sunday, and Tuesday are 2 game days (10am and 4pm) and Monday 1pm as well as Wednesday. The reason Im posting is there are other previous schedules out there that might confuse participants.
            Is there a web page somewhere (anywhere?) where this info could be found?

Comment

Hi Kerry;

The CFC website has the Zonal info. Click on the heading and the info pops up.

Comment

Originally posted by Hal Bond View Post
                Hi Kerry;

The CFC website has the Zonal info. Click on the heading and the info pops up.
                Thanks... I guess I am so used to finding so little there I didn't think to look...

Here is the link for others who might be interested:

http://www.chess.ca/canclosed.shtml

Comment

Working...
                X