Raja Panjwani?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raja Panjwani?

What's the story with Raja Panjwani (and Dilip)? I can't find their ratings on the CFC web site - but when I look at the crosstable of the 2010 Calgary International (in which he played), there is a player named "Pxxxxxxx, Rxxx". Seaching the CFC ratings under that name, you see his tournaments.

I have not seen any other players treated in a similar manner - even if their memberships have expired.

Re: Raja Panjwani?

We would need some clarification on this topic - especially from the officials or representatives.

Comment

Originally posted by Caesar Posylek View Post
      some clarification
      "It's the result of an on-going financial situation with the Panjwani's and the CFC Business Office. I would hope this is resolved to everybody's satisfaction, shortly." by Fred McKim Fred McKim (dated 12-29-2010, 07:43 PM. The whole message: http://www.chesscanada.info/forum/sh...3&postcount=53)

That "shortly" became "lengthy"

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
        "It's the result of an on-going financial situation with the Panjwani's and the CFC Business Office. I would hope this is resolved to everybody's satisfaction, shortly." by Fred McKim Fred McKim (dated 12-29-2010, 07:43 PM. The whole message: http://www.chesscanada.info/forum/sh...3&postcount=53)

That "shortly" became "lengthy"
        Correct :)

Comment

Seems pretty ridiculous. The CFC database includes the names of dead people and those who have not been members for many years, so why make a player persona non grata and attempt to eliminate his name from the historical record (e.g., the 2009 Canadian Junior)? I thought such practices ended with the downfall of the Soviet Union, but I guess not ...

Comment

WOW, this is like censorship to the extreme.
            Shameless self-promotion on display here
            http://www.youtube.com/user/Barkyducky?feature=mhee

Comment

wtf, someone fire up some gossip, this is one hella pecul sich
              everytime it hurts, it hurts just like the first (and then you cry till there's no more tears)

Comment

Originally posted by Fred McKim View Post
                Correct :)
                Why is the banning and removal of a Canadian player worthy of a ":)" ?

Comment

The practice of withholding the publication of ratings over financial disputes is ridiculous.

Comment

I don't quite understand how a financial dispute would get both players suspended(?). If a relative makes a financial deal and reneges on it subsequently, how is the other also responsible?

And I agree with Ken: turning their names into Pxxxxxxx or whatever is pretty ridiculous.
                    "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Craft View Post
                      The practice of withholding the publication of ratings over financial disputes is ridiculous.
                      When your customers don't pay their bills, withholding services is normal business practice. The account is long overdue and we have made several attempts to resolve the issue. Nevertheless, we are hopeful of a satisfactory resolution soon.

Comment

Withholding the publication of a rating is not with holding service. A rating is a reflection of past play and hopefully of some predictive value of future play.

The CFC has had the practice of not publisihing ratings for many years; I doubt it has done anything to move towards solving outstanding accounts.

It has even gone so far as to a blaclist Life members, an incredibly questionable practice.

Comment

This is petty. If you don't pay your Rogers bill, after few month your phone will be cut off. Ok you might dispute the charge, but at the end you may get your money back or you may not. Or if its CIBC, the banks will just take money directly from your account. I'm not saying its right, but that's just the way it is. People get into these dispute situations everyday - that's business.

Here's the point, those companies above many billions, CFC probably only has $500 in their chequings. Raja may have a completely valid case, but com'on, why get into a financial dispute with CFC? Everyone knows CFC has no money.

So unless there's reasonable doubt that CFC or its officials is frauding its members (at which time I totally support an inquiry/investigation), I think both sides should just try to settle this.

Also Bob G. - do CFC release financial statements every year?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Craft View Post
                            Withholding the publication of a rating is not with holding service. A rating is a reflection of past play and hopefully of some predictive value of future play.

The CFC has had the practice of not publisihing ratings for many years; I doubt it has done anything to move towards solving outstanding accounts.

It has even gone so far as to a blaclist Life members, an incredibly questionable practice.
                            If people want to see rules that could be covered by these sorts of cases, it would seem that 329, 380, and 386 from the handbook would be useful to review.

I see no point in continuing to discuss this particular case, it's a private matter between the CFC administration and the member(s) involved.

Yes, Ken. We are both well aware of the case years ago where a CFC Life Member was blacklisted over a sizeable overdue "retail" account with the CFC. I was able to intervene on his behalf and the situation was resolved.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Guo View Post
                              This is petty. If you don't pay your Rogers bill, after few month your phone will be cut off. Ok you might dispute the charge, but at the end you may get your money back or you may not. Or if its CIBC, the banks will just take money directly from your account. I'm not saying its right, but that's just the way it is. People get into these dispute situations everyday - that's business.

Here's the point, those companies above many billions, CFC probably only has $500 in their chequings. Raja may have a completely valid case, but com'on, why get into a financial dispute with CFC? Everyone knows CFC has no money.

So unless there's reasonable doubt that CFC or its officials is frauding its members (at which time I totally support an inquiry/investigation), I think both sides should just try to settle this.

Also Bob G. - do CFC release financial statements every year?
                              Of course. Check under Governors Letters at the CFC web site.

Comment

Working...
                              X