Good News: Yermo Diaries Still Exist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good News: Yermo Diaries Still Exist

Back in the late '90s, GM Yermolinsky maintained an early form of a blog called 'The Yermo Diaries.' He was an interesting and informative writer and almost always had something provocative to say. The Yermo Diaries were hosted by the San Fran. Mechanics' Institute website when I ran across them. And then one day they just disappeared. I figured Yermo had become too racy for M.I. and that his writings were gone forever. Now it appears that 'someone' saved the diaries, or at least a portion of them. Here they are:

http://web.archive.org/web/200202020...rmo/diary.html
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
    "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Re: Good News: Yermo Diaries Still Exist

I had read some of these previously (and forgotten about them). Excellent reading! and GM Yermolinsky of course playing in Canada on many occasions gives a refreshing down to earth insight on the chess world. Thanks Peter for the reminder.

Comment

Working...
    X